Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Navigator for UIQ 3 (P990i, M600, W950)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Navigator for UIQ 3 (P990i, M600, W950)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SL33PYH34D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hotelarce wrote:
Super990 wrote:
What is the best thing to do? Will they take the software back as the seals are broken?

Hello,

Sorry for jumping in but being a regular on the my-symbian site we have quite a few people with viq3 devices running tomtom 6 with no problems

And I am one of them... ;)

Installed from the DVD without issue on my device.

I simply put the phone into USB File Transfer mode (rather than Phone mode - the option can be found under Tools-Control Panel-Connections-USB), and installed the application maps, and postcodes through TomTom Home.

The first time I connected the P990i in file transfer mode TomTom Home asked me what device it was connected to which I selected Symbian UIQ Version 3 based device. After this it was simply a matter of selecting the items to install and installing them.

When you disconnect the phone from the USB and open the flip I was then presented with an install dialogue for TomTom - I simply selected install and it completed the installation of the application.

You do NOT need to copy anything manually to the phone, and you do not need to install the application with anything other than TomTom Home.

My advice if you are haivng problems is to remove any TomTom related folders and files from your memory stick (using a card reader as some files/folders may be hidden) and repeat the process as described above from the start.

I should point out I also already had the latest version of TomTom Home installed (as I have a TomTom ONE too) so did not install the version on the DVD.
hotelarce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I know you and you are the reason I am here (goose)
SL33PYH34D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hotelarce wrote:
well I know you and you are the reason I am here (goose)

Hi mate! ;)
Super990
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]Installed from the DVD without issue on my device.

I simply put the phone into USB File Transfer mode (rather than Phone mode - the option can be found under Tools-Control Panel-Connections-USB), and installed the application maps, and postcodes through TomTom Home.

The first time I connected the P990i in file transfer mode TomTom Home asked me what device it was connected to which I selected Symbian UIQ Version 3 based device. After this it was simply a matter of selecting the items to install and installing them.

When you disconnect the phone from the USB and open the flip I was then presented with an install dialogue for TomTom - I simply selected install and it completed the installation of the application.

You do NOT need to copy anything manually to the phone, and you do not need to install the application with anything other than TomTom Home.

My advice if you are haivng problems is to remove any TomTom related folders and files from your memory stick (using a card reader as some files/folders may be hidden) and repeat the process as described above from the start.

I should point out I also already had the latest version of TomTom Home installed (as I have a TomTom ONE too) so did not install the version on the DVD.[/quote]

I have Installed the software from the DVD onto the P990 following the instructions above & still no luck. The software installs to the phone, & when I open the flip it askes me to install the software, When I tap Install the dialogue box disappears & nothing else happens.

I have tried on 2 different MS & even formatted the phone! Sad
SL33PYH34D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super990 wrote:
I have Installed the software from the DVD onto the P990 following the instructions above & still no luck. The software installs to the phone, & when I open the flip it askes me to install the software, When I tap Install the dialogue box disappears & nothing else happens.

That is exactly what happened to mine. I think the only thing install on the phone atually did was to put the shortcut to TomTom in the Tools folder - it didn't appear to actually install anything as such like most other application installers would. I assume this is either because TomTom doesn't work in quite the same way as a standard UIQ app, or because TomTom Home actually did the bulk of the installation copying everything to appropriate folders.

Silly question, but I assume you did check it hadn't added the TomTom icon into the tools folder?

Have you tried posting the problem over @ Esato or My-Symbian? There are threads on both forums so there will at least be plenty more people there who can offer some ideas.
Super990
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SL33PYH34D wrote:
Super990 wrote:

That is exactly what happened to mine. I think the only thing install on the phone atually did was to put the shortcut to TomTom in the Tools folder - it didn't appear to actually install anything as such like most other application installers would. I assume this is either because TomTom doesn't work in quite the same way as a standard UIQ app, or because TomTom Home actually did the bulk of the installation copying everything to appropriate folders.

Silly question, but I assume you did check it hadn't added the TomTom icon into the tools folder?

Have you tried posting the problem over @ Esato or My-Symbian? There are threads on both forums so there will at least be plenty more people there who can offer some ideas.

The first place I looked was in the tools menu for a shortcut! I have looked on the other forums but not yet posted anything...

with the P910 I just copied all the directories onto the memory stick & ran the software, but the P990 wont do that (or I don't know the correct Structure for the files).
artesea
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my memory stick in the root directory (this is really the root, unlike the P910) you should have

* Map folder (eg Great_Britain)
* itn
* resource
* schemes
* TomTom
* Voices

other folders may appear after install on the phone, or after certain features are activated.
it sounds like you've done everything correct as you get the Install popup.
Have you tried flashing the phone with the lastest firmware via the Sony Ericsson Update Service?
Super990
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

artesea wrote:
On my memory stick in the root directory (this is really the root, unlike the P910) you should have

* Map folder (eg Great_Britain)
* itn
* resource
* schemes
* TomTom
* Voices

other folders may appear after install on the phone, or after certain features are activated.
it sounds like you've done everything correct as you get the Install popup.
Have you tried flashing the phone with the lastest firmware via the Sony Ericsson Update Service?

I have all those folders & a folder called 'Private' which I presume relates to the TomTom software?

I have the latest firmware installed & even tried going back to the older Version.

So I am soon running out of ideas.....
DefenderBLACK
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found some but they say i need windows mobile 2003 se - not sure what i have thinks its just 2003? tried the programs but nothing happens! but if i need 2003 se why did tt5 work?
HELLLLLPPPP
artesea
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DefenderBLACK wrote:
found some but they say i need windows mobile 2003 se - not sure what i have thinks its just 2003? tried the programs but nothing happens! but if i need 2003 se why did tt5 work?
HELLLLLPPPP

and this has what to do with a UIQ3 device?
hotelarce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I have just ordered tomtom 6 and have already got the globasat gps so ready and waiting Wink
flizzy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone tested Tomtom 6 on a W950 with success?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: