Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Urgent feedback required
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Urgent feedback required

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Easygeezer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Urgent feedback required Reply with quote

Hi 3 weeks ago I bought Copilot live to replace copilot 3.5, I have experienced a lot of problems with Copilot live and have been in touch with ALK for 2 weeks, as instructed I have Erased/Formatted/Reinstalled/Hard reset, been sent new discs, done the same again and the probs are still there and they say should not be. Can anyone else please confirm wether these problems are universal or just on my machine please..

1. When I am moving the points of interest icons dissapear and reappear when stationary.

2. In certain situations at some junctions it does not map down enough to make it clear where to go like 3.5 does but this is not all the time. (Alk have said they have no knowledge of this and require me to send tracks off my machine)

3. When you get 5 lines of text on safety screen 5th line is covered by direction arrow, was told this should definitely not happen and my system is corrupt but after 2 sets of discs and hours and hours playing think it is software can anyone else please confirm if they get the same.

4. Some roundabouts and junctions are confusing as in 3.5 it would tell you 3rd exit etc sometimes I just get a road name or a destination heading, makes it hard in London etc, again Alk have asked I send the tracks for these (are they having a laugh)

5. The point of interest alerts don't fire at any particular distance and because when I'm moving it does not show the Icons makes the safety camera warnings useless.

Please please please if anyone else is having same problems let me know as ALK are denying there existance and as it stands at the moment I am going to reinstall 3.5 and try and get a refund.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some of the same problems as you, and one or two others! I have 4.0.4.107, which I believe is the most recent build.
When I approach a junction and the map appears, it covers one of the two customisable lines of text at the bottom. Also, it doesn't zoom enough for the map to be useful, it's impossible to get any real idea of the junction when driving.
Also, I can't get the pre-recorded wave file to work. I can get the TTS male and female to work, but as they can't cope with Welsh road names I would rather have the greater clarity (even if less detail) of the wave file. A very helpful guy at ALK is working on it, but so far without success.
Also, The background is often flooded with blue, making the maps very difficult to read. This may only happen in certain geographical areas, but it's happening so often here at the moment (South Wales) that I'm still using TomTom, even though the maps are less up to date.
Robin
Easygeezer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I,m glad I'm not the only one experiencing such problems, forgot to mention about the maps flooding awash with blue, experienced this down Park Lane...
Easygeezer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see already 41 people have viewed this and only one has replied does that mean the other 40 don't share the same probs ????
I really am looking for help on this even if it is people saying that I have a problem on my setup ???
Thud
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I've noticed this but didn't consider it a problem.
2. The zoom does seem to be arbitrary. Sometimes it's perfect, other times there just isn't enough detail for it to be useful.
3. I also get this (along with inconsistent capitalisation and punctuation).
4. When there are two roundabouts very close together there often isn't time for it to give the directions for the second one after completing the first. In other situations when the second instruction would immediately follow after the first one is completed it gives both instructions before the first turning and then repeats the second one after the first turning, which is very helpful, but it doesn't do this at double roundabouts.
5. Haven't used that feature enough to comment on it.

I still prefer it to 3.5 though.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: