Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Several issues on the Medion
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Several issues on the Medion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raffles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Several issues on the Medion Reply with quote

A few things I can't seem to suss. Perhaps you can.

I've been trying to get the Media player to work, but to no avail. Each of the (standard Windows) video files I upload to the PDA result in the alert that it is not the right format. What to do? If you know, I'm all ears.

As I've been wanting to use the 256 chip for my mp3 player, I formatted it on my XP machine. This works fine, the chip even accepts the mp3 tracks by way of Windows Explorer. However, my mp3 player (Rio, Nike) does not recognize the chip. Any tips on how to get it to see the chip? Is the chip perhaps Medion proprietary.

Finally, what would happen if I power up the Medion, start up the GPS software in an area not covered by the chip in the Medion? Would you get the same alert as when you power up the PDA without any chip at all (i.e. "Please insert your map."). Or would you still be able to use the GPS coordinates feature? I'm a bit in 2 minds on this one.

Thanks for your efforts.

Raf
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What format are your video files? WMPlayer will happily play .wma but not .mpeg.

The MMC cards are standard format, when you prepared it under XP did you would have formatted it FAT32. I can only assume that the RIO MP3 player expects FAT16 perhaps?

You can still access co-ordinate info when out of a loaded map area but no other nav functions would be available.
Raffles
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they were Mpeg. So I need to set my camera to record in WMA.

I did format in FAT32. My only other option was "FAT", which I just tried also. Same result :-(

I guess "FAT" is not the same as FAT16. I'll have to dig up a Win98 from the attic.

Thanks Richard for that tidbit. I'll give it a try myself by using a small section of the map my doing an "export".

Raffles
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's three versions of FAT to my knowledge - FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32. The first is only used on floppies, some very small hard disks and some storage cards (certainly my older Fuji digital camera uses FAT12 on 64MB SmartMedia cards).

These days, anything that says FAT means FAT16. Certainly I believe this is the case for the formatter in recent versions of Windows.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: