Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - USA Map for 520?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

USA Map for 520?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbecking
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: USA Map for 520? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me the best place/cheapest to find USA map (West side) California and Las Vegas for my Navman 520?
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: USA Map for 520? Reply with quote

rbecking wrote:
Can anyone tell me the best place/cheapest to find USA map (West side) California and Las Vegas for my Navman 520?

This question comes up regularly - see other threads in this forum including HERE

However, I understand that the current maps for everywhere except perhaps NZ and Oz are unavailable for your 520. The last we heard was that a new set of maps and an upgrade to the software for the iCN5xx series were due to be available from mid October. Check out Navman's web site and send them an email. Despite comments to the contrary, they have always responded to me in a reasonable time.
JamesK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote to Navman about this yesterday as I was told a few months ago the new software and maps would be available at the end September/beginning of October.

The response I received is: "We do apologies. The maps release has been delayed some what and is now expected around the 5th December. As soon as available you can purchasethese from the online Store www.navman.com"

This is a bit of a pain as I'm going to the US for 3 weeks on Saturday and really wanted US maps - buying the ST 2005 maps for my 520 would be a complete waste of money.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamesK wrote:
I wrote to Navman about this yesterday as I was told a few months ago the new software and maps would be available at the end September/beginning of October.

The response I received is: "We do apologies. The maps release has been delayed some what and is now expected around the 5th December. As soon as available you can purchasethese from the online Store www.navman.com"

This is a bit of a pain as I'm going to the US for 3 weeks on Saturday and really wanted US maps - buying the ST 2005 maps for my 520 would be a complete waste of money.

I cannot find anywhere that still has them in stock. Trouble is there was a special discounted offer on maps recently - I assume to dispose of the current maps prior to the expected new ones in mid October (now put back to December). Sorry Crying or Very sad
JamesK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
JamesK wrote:

I cannot find anywhere that still has them in stock. Trouble is there was a special discounted offer on maps recently - I assume to dispose of the current maps prior to the expected new ones in mid October (now put back to December). Sorry Crying or Very sad

It is irritating knowing that I can't take my 520 away with me. I understand that it makes sense for Navman to remove the old maps if new ones are due for release.

However, as they've been delayed by several months, you'd think Navman would put an 'interim solution' in place for people that do need new maps. For example - buy the 2006/7 maps now - but send your customer's the 05 maps until they release the new maps.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: USA Map for 520? Reply with quote

rbecking wrote:

Navman seem to have the maps of all of the USA and Canada on special offer for £59 at the moment - see here

Hope you have not gone yet and can get them before you do. Wink
jetskidia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered Wink
Tommy_Belfast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also here..

http://www.thenavigationcompany.com/products/NAAA008117_Navman_iCN_V3.5_500_Series_USA_maps_Full_version.html

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: