Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio 168 CLONE (NO BLUE SATS SHOWING)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio 168 CLONE (NO BLUE SATS SHOWING)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aabs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original medion firmware is included in the new firmware file if you want to revert back for warrenty reasons.
Im intrested to hear from anyone who has upgraded the micromaxx units that were on offer at kwikies recently and how its improved performance as ive found mine a lot slower at everything compared to my mio. Also after the firmware upgrade do you still get the globe screen after a hard reset or do you get the nice proper mio windsurfer screen.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aabs wrote:
The original medion firmware is included in the new firmware file if you want to revert back for warrenty reasons.
Im intrested to hear from anyone who has upgraded the micromaxx units that were on offer at kwikies recently and how its improved performance as ive found mine a lot slower at everything compared to my mio. Also after the firmware upgrade do you still get the globe screen after a hard reset or do you get the nice proper mio windsurfer screen.

The Firmware in my file will update the GPS receiver ONLY (as does the Medion firmware that's shown in the ReadMe.txt file will revert it back) - it does not have any effect on the main operating system at all. After a Hard Reset it will still show the original os and all screens.
aabs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@pocketgps. Have you loaded R3?
Its a pitty i cant upload the firmware off my mio somehow or find it somewhere, tried mio site with no joy. It would be a great help to micromaxx/medion owners as I have both a mio and micromaxx model and considering its the same hardware they behave totally different. The only difference i can see between the 2 units is the firmware.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aabs wrote:
pocketgps. Have you loaded R3?

Yes, I have installed on my Medion 95000, it's the same firmware now as the default Mio168 uses for it's GPS receiver.
goingnowhere
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, has anyone tried the fw update on a Medion ppc200 MD 40746 (has a wired GPS receiver). I am running TTN5 with the same problem everyone is reporting: I get a lock and it does work but I cannot see how many sats are working.
carcuscrae
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Help!!!! Reply with quote

illusion786 wrote:
i got mine to work with the FW update.

Thank you Pocketgps

I have the Micromaxx MDPPC150 MM95563
And is working perfectly with the update. The bars are working.

Please can you tell me how you got this working? I have exactly the same model as you but when I go to select the ' Tap Target File and select the file that is shown by taping it.' I don't get a file to tap?

Also I checked my F/W version and it is already above '2.4.12.09-XMitac-C4PROD2.00000003729*76' its 2.4.13 something.

Can someone help as I am getting no blue sats and although it navigates fine it would be nice to have them.

Thanks
Marcus
nikda
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just updated my mdppc 150 ,everything looks like its working fine.
thanks for the file and the instructions
MikeWin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put TTN5.1 on my Medion 95000, and all working OK except the bars on the satellite display (a common problem, it seems).

I'd already done the Medion GPS 2.4.13.03.10 firmware update when I was using Medion Navigator (to get rid of the direction wandering when stationary at junctions), and this is often quoted as a fix for the bars display problem with TTN5, but I'm still not getting the satellite bars on my navigation screen.

So I'm wondering if it's OK to put the Medion-R3 update over the top of the update I already have? (I don't want to trash my GPS firmware)

Thanks

Mike
komatsu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would just like to thank everyone here for the sound advice on installing and getting tt5 to work on my mdppc150. couldn,t of done it without these forums.......many thanks to you all
Bartmanekul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me also. I used a Mitac PDA which originally came with Navman (who still dont support full postcode search, hence getting TTN5), and it worked a treat.

Unfortunatly I cant tell you the MFG date or any sort of serial number. It seems to have rubbed off in that pouch you get! Hope I dont need them later.

So thanks for that file, and the awesomely easy readme, which for a fool like me was easy to follow.

On the flip side everyone is borrowing it to go on journeys!
MadPanther
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you've updated the firmware, is there anything that stops working, or doesn't work as before ?

Will it still work OK with Navigon 4.2 / 5 ?

Thanks
carlmicro17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: pna 100 Reply with quote

firmware upgrade worked for me can see blue sat bars now thanks alot
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Firm Ware upgrade Reply with quote

I have a Transonic PNA 3002 with TT6 on it and have the same problem with the satelites not showing, would this upgrade work on this unit. or has anybody got a fix.

Flack :D
Flack
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Firm Ware upgrade Reply with quote

[quote="Flack"]I have a Transonic PNA 3002 with TT6 on it and have the same problem with the satelites not showing, would this upgrade work on this unit. or has anybody got a fix.

Flack :D[Ok found the problem, I found a prog on my PNA in my Windows folder called GPS monitor I played around with the settings in this and bang it all works perfect now and I get a very quick lock on to all my sats.

All my bars show blue and I had 9 sats showing .....

Flack ] Smile
Baffled
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still can't get it to work...??????????? Sad Sad Sad Sad

i have the micromaxx MM95563

Model: MDPPC150

p/n 40012244

Please help.......tried to download firm update and now has lost trhe setting and won't find the sats....

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: