Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - can't get it to acticeSyne now
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

can't get it to acticeSyne now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: can't get it to acticeSyne now Reply with quote

not sure what I have done but it seems since I added the connection for the internet I can't seem to get it to access the pc using the docking cradle. At first it started dialing up the internet number so I deleted that connection. Then I tried it again but it keeps trying to connect to the pc but its failing each time. Not sure how I am suspose to fix it as I been looking at it for a good hour now. ANy help on what to do would be nice
thanks
b1g1an
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press the reset button on the back and pop it back in the cradle, should be fine then.
UrbanNavigator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Loss of sync with Medion Navigator Reply with quote

Mine too looses the ability to sync via the USB docking cradle. I don't know why, maybe it's flaky software of some description? The PDA works fine with several programs installed for many days, then all of a sudden and for no obvious reason it fails to sync when placed in the cradle.

I can synchronise via IR, but not via the docking cradle.

Doing a full blown hard reset, with resultant loss of data, sorts the problem for 2 or 3 weeks (just done the second hard reset since getting the PDA).

Out of 4 programs I've installed, 3 warn of compatibility errors despite claiming to be '2003 compatible. Is it me, or is most of the software around untested beta stuff (despite being branded software)?
Rabobi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Active sync 3.7.1 Reply with quote

I did the upgrade to activesync 3.7.1 (Microsoft download site) seems to have solved my problem Mr. Green
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to be very careful with ActiveSync 3.7.1. It does improve the robustness of synchronisation, but it also contains changes in RAPI, the system that various programs use to communicate between a PC and a mobile device via ActiveSync.

There were several unofficial tricks with RAPI programming that were widely used to allow RAPI to do things it wasn't officially capable of. The new version of RAPI in ActiveSync 3.7.1 provides official ways of doing many of these things - but breaks the unofficial tricks.

As a result, quite a lot of software fails with ActiveSync 3.7.1 - these include AudibleManager, and, I believe, the map loader for at least some versions of the Memory Map software and at least some Navman software.

Many of us have installed ActiveSync 3.7.1 and backed it out again - at least until the third party software we use is upgraded to fix the broken RAPI programming.

Meanwhile, the minimum version of ActiveSync for Pocket PC 2003 is 3.7; don't be tempted to try a lower version.

Going back to an earlier version of ActiveSync if you hit problems with 3.7.1 because of the RAPI changes is a bit of a pain - see this thread for more details on what to do.

David
Rabobi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

I will try it for a while until I run into a problem.
So far so go good Smile
I'll list any apps that I have problems with.
Cheers
Lionel
drew
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I have had no end of trouble with the PC losing connection using ActiveSync through the docking cradle.

The only option I had was to soft reset the PPC and unplug/plug the USB. this would fix it briefly. However, transferring large files was still a bit hit and miss. The connection would drop for no reason partway through a transfer.

Since upgrading to WiFi I have no use for the docking cradle anymore. Everything works perfectly over the airwaves and I have a permanent ActiveSync connection and at lightning speed too! Smile

Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: