Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom one regional power on problems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom one regional power on problems
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whoseline
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: tomtom one regional power on problems Reply with quote

got the new tomtom one v2 regional unit. anyone experiencing problems turning on the unit after charging or while charging from usb? or is it just my unit?

happened once b4 but it turned on but for some reason, my unit won't turn on. annoying.

what is the problem?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you poked the reset hole yet?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
whoseline
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
have you poked the reset hole yet?

cheers. worked now after i pressed the reset. why did it require a reset?
clansley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: tomtom one regional power on problems Reply with quote

whoseline wrote:
got the new tomtom one v2 regional unit. anyone experiencing problems turning on the unit after charging or while charging from usb? or is it just my unit?

happened once b4 but it turned on but for some reason, my unit won't turn on. annoying.

what is the problem?

Yep - I've seen this a lot. I've found disconnecting the usb and pressing the on button for a long (15secs?) while seems to work. [unclear if pressing the button for so long does anything or if it just takes that long to switch on]
uptowndisco
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: TT1 V2 Reply with quote

Yup, my One V2 is doing the same thing, after charging on the USB port most of the time it will not switch on no matter how long the on button is pressed, needs the reset to get going again, should not be having to do this after each charge though!
whoseline
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: TT1 V2 Reply with quote

uptowndisco wrote:
Yup, my One V2 is doing the same thing, after charging on the USB port most of the time it will not switch on no matter how long the on button is pressed, needs the reset to get going again, should not be having to do this after each charge though!

exact problem but the reset sorts it. wonder why it needs a reset though? very odd!

I was in a panic when it wouldn't turn on. Laughing Out Loud
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: TT1 V2 Reply with quote

whoseline wrote:
uptowndisco wrote:

exact problem but the reset sorts it. wonder why it needs a reset though? very odd!

I was in a panic when it wouldn't turn on. Laughing Out Loud

Cos TT AGAIN rushed out a new model too quickly??
uptowndisco
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: TT1 V2 Reply with quote

I have logged this fault? with TT support, I will let you know what their answer is, I would suggest if you have this problem to also log it with TT to make them aware of this problem.
Griff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is exactly the same but will turn on if power button held for up to 30 seconds :o
uptowndisco
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: TT1 V2 Power Up Reply with quote

I emailed TT support regarding the power up issue some are having with The TT1 V2 here is the answer from support
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

There are no plans for a software patch to be released in the immediate future but we are aware that a number of customers are experiencing similar issues. Our Technical Department are working on a solution but as previously stated there are no dates set for a software patch release.

If you a are entirley unhappy with the state of your TomTom device then if you would like then I can organise a repair for you. Please confirm whether you would like to me to organise a repair.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems they are aware, but no plans as yet for a software solution, but they will take it in for repair as faulty?, so should I return it to tomtom, or ask for a replacement from the place of purchase, which would be fun, as Halfords do not like replacing units.
SUZUCATI
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
I have the same fault on my one, have to reset, long switch on etc.
If the FAULT persists, take it back and ask for a replacement, or a refund, i had mine from halfrauds and i am on my 3rd one!
I shall keep doing this (within 28 days) until the "sorted" ones start hitting the shelves!
In the meantime, report it to tomtom, the more they recognise there is a FAULT the more they WILL have to work on sorting it out.
JUST REMEMBER you do have consumer rights upto 6 years after you have purchased your product not just a year!
Check out your consumer rights, it makes quite intresting reading!
zippi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been experiencing the same problem.

I've lodged a ticket with TomTom too
SUZUCATI
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, if we could get everyone to complain then our proof of units being defective willstand us all in good stead for any problems with exchanges or refunds, mine works fine apart from the charging fault.
Trouble is i dont know if its hardware fault or software fault, software faults can be self fixed, hardware means send it off for repair.
Problem is i have paid for a brand new unit and wouldnt want mine repairing, i would expect it to be replaced.
One thing i wont stand for though is to be fobbed off,great thing about the internet, is you can see how many people have the same problem before opening your mouth, times before internet consisted of sellers denying all knowledge of faults quotes like "This is the first one we have had back" were quotes i always seemed to take with a pinch of salt, anyway i know my statatory rights and will stick to them, if it means having a refund and buying a roadangel 6000 then so be it, and tomtom can wait till next year before i try another unit or not! Laughing
SUZUCATI
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually may be worth letting the forum build up a bit about this fault, then email the forum link to Tomtom?
Just to prove that this fault is not just a "one off"
Buccs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same fault here .... Took it back to Currys for a replacement and got the same fault again. I'll probably take this one back in a few days time... Why can't these companies iron out these obvious faults before releasing them.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: