Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Database Confusion
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Database Confusion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Database Confusion Reply with quote

Hi, I have just tried today the Pocket GPS Speed Camera Database, and the Checkpoint database from POIPlace. Both databases seem to have the long established cameras on the Nottingham Ring Road absent, which I think is a bit strange, as the newer ones farther up are present. I have now decided to try and stick with the Pocket GPS Speed Camera Database as it would be easier to keep 1 database uptodate instead of several different ones in the POIPlace system. Only thing is now, when I press the add POI button, it seems to still give me the choices installed by the PIOPlace database, IE I first have to select camera type ( speed, red light etc) then the speed.Is there any way of removing this????? Also is there any way to drop an Icon on the map too????? Yours very Tiredly...TIA Wilx
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capturing cameras for the PocketGPS database using CheckPOInt 3 is rather tricky.

Your best bet is to uninstall CheckPOInt 3 and install CheckPOInt 2.0.2 which is available on the downloads area of this site. Please do record the camera type and speed (a vastly reduced selection in CheckPOInt 2, fortunately) - it's hoped eventually to upgrade the PocketGPS database to have speeds.

All you need to do when using CheckPOInt 2.0.2 is to send the CheckPOInt.ov2 file from your map folder to cameras@pocketgpsworld.com

David
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are also overdue for an update, which we will try to release soon. I think we'll probably go with removing duplicates at 100y because there are still a lot of unnecessary duplicates in the database which could be made more accurate.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got the file I submitted a while back that contains a careful resurvey of the A41 Hendon Way and Finchley Road? If not (the corrections don't seem to have made it into the live database), I'll resubmit it, as it was very carefully commented to try to clear up all the unwanted duplicates, red light cameras and one camera that isn't even on a road! I drive that route regularly so this was the fruit of many 'passes'!

David
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David, checking the camera emails under your usual email address, the only one we have received looks to be on 26th June (Submitted.ov2).

Would you have sent it under another one ?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That .ov2 does have what I believe to be the definitive answer on cameras along the A41 Hendon Way and down the Finchley Road. In particular, it should have all the red light ones marked (as there's loads, and it makes the current database a bit frustrating to use in that area).

That reminds me - I must sort through my current CheckPOInt.ov2 and sort it out to submit it. Embarassed

David
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should have been added to the database back in our August release. If they haven't, mail me a copy and we'll make sure they go in.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: