Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HELP HELP please with installing destinator op software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP HELP please with installing destinator op software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slmmk1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: HELP HELP please with installing destinator op software Reply with quote

Hi everyone

My first post and i'm already stuck :-)

The SD card in my goodmans gnav10 has become damaged so i need to install the software onto a new card ive bought but cant figure out what i need to do. Ive got 2 cds (destinator op) and hae installed the destinator console but not sure what to do from there. PLEASE PLEASE someone heelp me througth this

many thanks
slmmk1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

does no one know how to copy the contents of an sd card containing destinator op onto another card and making sure it works?
thanks
allmen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way would be to copy from the sd card onto the hard drive then back onto the new sd card or if you have a card reader, copy from whatever is using the card into the new card in the card reader. assuming it is connect to the pc and use the Microsft sync software. I use this for transfering from a PDA to another card.
slmmk1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: destinator problem Reply with quote

hi
ive tried that on a couple of sd cards now, it all seems to transfer over quite well but when i put it back into the goodmans gnav10 unit and load it up it says something like "the uk_ireland maps not found or are damaged..."

when i put the origianal card (even though its slightly damaged) it works fine

so i cant understand whats going wrong
allmen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to install direct from the Destinator console?
slmmk1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes tried that too
but it seems to copy to the goodmans internal memory and wont copy to the sd card which ive pluged into the pc via usb reader.
allmen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to format the sd card? If you do try maske sure you format it with the correct FAT. which is FAT 16 I think but double check with someone before doing the format.
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be mistaken here but unless the software gives you the option (or you try chosing SD as target from the console and it lets you) it will automatically be on the device anyway. These cards that come with the software preinstalled simply run a .cab file (like a .exe file for mobile devices) and although you might think it runs from the SD it installs to the PDA and runs from there. In the WM2003 or WM5 there's a folder called 2557 on the SD which has the installers in it. Sometimes it deletes after install but try using file-explorer to run ALL the .cab files in there and see if it at least installs the application and addd maps later.

Windows Mobile 5 seems to always ask on install if you want to install to device or SD. But I don't know your OS. If it runs from device is that ok? Or is it not running from there?

In principle, if you just ignore the console and drag all files (check you have show hidden files active in Windows) to desktop then back again then it should work.

Why not try dragging all but the map files to the desktop, copy to new card then open Desti console with device connected via activesync and select SD as the target, install maps and all should be well.

Another alternative, go to C:\DestinatorApps\New Maps and copy the UK_ireland folder manually to the SD card then re-insert (i.e. not using the console).

I don't have this device and I know they work a little differently than my setup but thought I might share anyway. Feel free to correct me if it helps the original poster.
Holux GPSslim
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above is a little confusing on reading it. So in short, do you have a folder called 2557 on your SD and if so, tell us what it has in it. That might be a good place to start.
Holux GPSslim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: