Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 2 Patch for WM2003
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 2 Patch for WM2003

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Destinator 2 Patch for WM2003 Reply with quote

I have been receiving quite a number of emails from Destinator 2 users not being able to get Destinator 2 working under Windows Mobile 2003 (PPC2003).

I too have been having difficulty in getting this to work, and have spoken with PowerLOC. If you still haven't patched and got it working under WM2003, here's the work around...

When you goto Destinator1.com and log in, DO NOT download the Destinator_Patch_for_ActiveSync_37_Ver_2_0_06F.zip patch or Destinator_Patch_for_ActiveSync_37_Ver_2_1_15.zip patch from the Downloads page.

Instead, goto the FAQ page and download 2.1.19Afor2.0.06Fand2.0.06.exe or 2.1.19Afor2.1.15.exe depending on the version of the CD you have.

This has been creating some confusion, and hopefully should help in downloading the correct version!
jellied
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to get D2 installed under WM2003, but yesterday when I came to use it the software locked up when re-calculating routes several times and the display when blank when zooming in and out requirinq a soft reset.

Has anyone else had these problems? Fully intend to upgrade to D3 (when they confirm the UK details maps are on the upgrade), but it's hard to judge what the lesser of the two evils are....
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen any lockups, but then again I haven't used D2 in anger lately on WM2003, so it may be some memory/dll issues, or even a mapping issue if it happens at the same position all the time.
jellied
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - too soon to tell any real patterns, but I can't face trying to do a soft reset whilst on the move again.

Does any one know if you can run D2 and D3 on the same device (not at the same time) - as and when D3 upgrade arrives I would like to know D2 is still there if the roundabouts/routing issues are too much to bear.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you could, however I know as I have been speaking to PowerLOC that in the later fixes whcih they are working on, they have changed the directory where it installs to.

In the base release you could still use both D2 and D3 (at least it worked for me), but I'm not sure if this will work in the future patches.
miner3003
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: destinator patch Reply with quote

Hi Dave and to the rest of the 'board members.
I have had a great experience with Detinator!! but now its all gone pear shaped!!!
I bought Destinator from E-bay,(a genuine article)installed on my new 3970 using the Bluetooth function. Gobsmacked!!! so accurate,so much fun ETC.
After a serious power loss i had to re-install all contacts and programmes inc' Destinator.
Now when i start Destinator and complete the "I Agree" bit,it sends back an error screen which says"Number invalid,try again" or cancel, at which point it exits!!!!!!
Please help me if you can
Regards Miner3003
:D
jellied
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New one on me - I wonder if the activation key is wrong?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will probably need to log into the Destinator Community under the username/password you created and deactivate the serial from that Pocket PC and then re-create it.
miner3003
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: destinator Reply with quote

Thanks for that guys.
As for support from the |Destinator site--i have none, the original owner didn't pass on the registration details.He must have registered though, because the site won't let me register the Activation Key i have( which i believe to be genuine. The decal is stuck to the rear outer of the Tri-fold wallet)
After reading some of the other posts from a while back,i wonder if my problem could stem from the version of Active Sync? i may have upgraded between uses of the device.Which would probably explain the fact that the serial number worked when i fist installed it!
Jellied?? which version of the operating sytem and active sync did you finish up using?
Miner3003
jellied
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God - it's too painful to remember!

ActiveSync was 3.7 (build 3083) - I de-installed 3.7.1 to perform the WM2003 upgrade.

I did install the patch from the FAQ area of the PowerLOC site, which meant that the installer for D2 could see the device.

I still cannot say for sure how stable D2 is under WM2003. I am off to Bolton mid-next week I can't see PowerLOC reseting my user-id so I can order the upgrade to D3.
miner3003
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: destinator Reply with quote

All these upgrades/patches ,numbers!!! when will they stop 8O 8O 8O !

Is there a diference between WM2003 and pc2003? or do i mean ppd2003.Does the build number make thatmuch difference?

Had alook at the Microsoft site AC 3.5 is not available for download unless you'r Chinese.............
miner3003
jellied
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wm2003 and PPC2003 is the same.

Active sync 3.5 is no longer available but 3.6 is, - however 3.7 will work fine.
jellied
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah - found the problem of D2 under WM2003. If you let the iPAQ turn itself off when you turn it back on again it rarely re-finds my GPS unit (Garmin Etrex) and pressing any option on D2 causes the map to go blue and only a s0ft reset fixes it (always handy when driving).

Of course coupled with the fact my 5450 doesn't have a separate power input and always prompts for a password when it turns itself off is going to force me to upgrade to D3 and buy a BT GPS - a quantum leap forward!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: