Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CP 6 can no longer find any satellites!?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CP 6 can no longer find any satellites!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tortexal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: CP 6 can no longer find any satellites!? Reply with quote

Suddenly my patched CP6 on windows mobile 2003 can no longer find any satellites. I have removed and reinstalled and sucessfully connected the co pilot BT gps receiver in windows. i start co pilot and even resetup gps. CP finds the bt receiver and connects sucessfully.

In gps status, it just shows that is has the gps com port opened and that is has a gps signal detected. looking for satellites is highlighted in blue and thats as far as it gets. Whats strange is the UTC time says 6:27:48pm when its 1:28 central time. UTC date says 9/17/06 and its 9/24/06.

What is also strange is that when i quit CP my BT connection from windows to the receiver also immeaditly disconnects. it has never done this before.

edit, i just had it find 4 satellites (it always found 8) and it hangs on downloading position data. i restarted CP again and how it isnt finding any satellites. i thought it could be the weather last night but today its sunny and 65 outside w/o any obstruction to the sky.
Confused
tortexal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did some searching and found that is was reccomended to install the receiver as non bluetoth from CP. ive done that too and it still doesnt work.
tortexal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got this fixed. i reinstalled everything (maps etc) from CD. i then updated both the pc software and pocketpc software (initially i had the installation straight to my CF card. however, the update patch will only install to main memory. this isn't cool). i did not install the TTS files bc i couldnt ever get them to work properly. they would never say the exit numbers.

i first resetup the gps receiver as bluetooth. i checked gps status and it only got as far as opening the gps com port in the gps ststus menu. i then reinstalled the gps receiver as non bluetooth and had it auto detect the com port. this worked. co pilot finally found 8 satellites and downloaded their position. however the UTC time is still wrong. it says 4:40pm when its 11:50am.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: