Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Navman N series announced
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Navman N series announced

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: New Navman N series announced Reply with quote

New Navman units announced

Today Navman announced three new models to their lineup. The N series comprises the N20, N40i and N60i. ‘N’ stands for NavPix™ and ‘i’ stands for eye, meaning the device has a camera. All three devices are able to utilise the T1 Traffic Module and Navman have also announced that this service has now been extended to include Belgium, Denmark, Luxembourg and the Netherlands in addition to the existing France, Germany and UK coverage.

The entry-level N20 has no camera but you can still download NavPix onto it and navigate to them. The N40i and N60i both have a 1.3Mpixel camera in order to create NavPix on the device. These can then be shared via email or by using the NavPix library at www.navman.com. The rolling wheel on the Album View has been replaced by four buttons (Top/Up/Down/Bottom) to make selection easier.

The N60i has European street maps on the device, the N40i has them on CD and the N20 also has, for a limited time, access to a free full unlock code.

All three units continue with the use of the latest SirfSTAR 3 GPS chipset and a new anti-fingerprint touchscreen, with the screen on the N60i being an impressive 4.3”. They are about 20% slimmer than the iCN7xx series which should put them on a par with the iCN530.

There will be more information on this announcement shortly.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: The Official Navman Press Release Reply with quote

Here is the official Navman Press release.

Navman Press Release wrote:
Navman Expands the NavPix™ Family, Launching New N-Series Range

…Latest Navman range, featuring slimline design and breakthrough NavPix™ technology…
LONDON, September 12th 2006 - Following the success of this year’s innovative satellite navigation technology NavPix™, industry pioneer Navman announced today the launch of the new N-series range. The N20, N40i and N60i all feature NavPix™, the world’s first “navigate to pictures technology”, in a sleek new design, along with updated features such as a full postcode search and a pre-loaded safety camera database. From the casual to the most experienced traveller, the N-series offers a product for every driver.

Using NavPix™ technology, these units allow you to navigate using pictures rather than just addresses, and will direct you to famous landmarks using data from the NavPix library hosted on the Navman Web site. For under Ł250, you’ll be able to use the N20 to download NavPix photos of places you’d like to visit. Once the NavPix is loaded onto your device, simply touch the image and the device will guide you to your destination.

In addition to downloading NavPix™ images onto the N40i and N60i devices, you can also create your own photo library using the integrated 1.3 megapixel camera, and upload them for others to share on www.navman.com. The N series also includes European street level mapping - pre-loaded on the N60i, provided on CD for the N40i, and, for a limited period only, available for the N20 using a FREE unlock key obtained online. All models utilise the most up-to-date GPS chipset, giving you as strong and fast a signal as possible.

The new Navman N-series is all Traffic compatible. Via the optional T1 traffic pack, you’ll receive live traffic updates to your device so that you can avoid any problems that might lay ahead on your journey. This feature is subscription-free, and is now available in four additional European countries – Luxembourg, Denmark, the Netherlands and Belgium – in addition to the UK, Germany and France.

The devices also boast a new, slimline design, to make for a more stylish and convenient navigation system – 20 percent slimmer than the iCN700 series, this is Navman’s most portable model yet. And to keep your system looking chic, the new touchscreens all feature a brand new anti-fingerprint surface.

“It’s great to see more and more people getting involved with NavPix™,” said Prash Vadgama, president of the Land Consumer Group. “The growth of the online community this year just shows how users have been inspired to create their own NavPix™ images and share details of their favourite places. As well as updated features and a stylish new design, this range offers a navigation solution for every motorist – from the affordable and easy-to-use N20 model through to the high-tech N60i with integrated camera and colour widescreen.”

Navman N20, Ł249 – Stylish and stress free navigation to pictures
Once you’ve downloaded a NavPix photo onto your N20 device, simply touch the image on the 3.5 inch colour screen to be directed to the location by clear mapping and voice instructions – or if you’d prefer to navigate to an address, use the full postcode search for complete accuracy. Additional Traffic capabilities, along with Back on Track™ technology and a pre-loaded safety camera database, make for a simple and stress-free journey.
European street level maps (available via an online access key).

Navman N40i, Ł299 – Create your own photo album
As well as being able to download NavPix™ photos onto the N40i, the integrated camera allows you to create your own; these pictures can even be uploaded onto the Navman Web site to share with other NavPix™ users around the world. Like the N20, the N40i is traffic-ready and also features pre-loaded safety camera information to make for an easy journey, while the second-generation SirfStar III chipset offers a stronger, faster signal. An additional CD set contains European mapping data which can be uploaded onto the device.

Navman N60i, Ł399 – Europe at your fingertips
The ultimate GPS tool, the N60i contains all the features of the N40i along with some luxurious additions. European mapping is pre-installed, and the device boasts a 4.3” colour widescreen for the clearest mapping display and easy to use interface.

Starting mid-September 2006, the NavPix range will be available in the United Kingdom from leading e-tailers and high street stores.

MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Navman N60i images Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of the Navman N60i from the Navman PR Agency:

Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets

hope

that

they

sort

out

the

broken

speech

in

the

new

ones.

I like the TomTom's as they speech files are continuous and not single words stitched together.

Steve
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomo wrote:
I like the TomTom's as they speech files are continuous and not single words stitched together.

Steve

Only TomTom's 910 has Text To Speech, all the others use .wav files of pre-recorded words and stitch them together.
mroebuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used both TomTom 5 and Navman icn720 and in my opinion the Navman wins hands down in ALL areas. The salesman tried to talk me into another TomTom I'm glad he did'nt succeed!!
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the Europeans maps for Western Europe only or do they cover Eastern Europe as well now?
Home 2.7.3.1894
Strawbs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

Only TomTom's 910 has Text To Speech, all the others use .wav files of pre-recorded words and stitch them together.

Whatever the method, Tomtom appear to be much better seamstresses than Navman, because their "stitching" isn't as blatantly obvious. 8)
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
Are the Europeans maps for Western Europe only or do they cover Eastern Europe as well now?

Still just Western Europe with Navman products, I'm afraid. They keep threatening but have yet to deliver.
birder56
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Time scale for Navman Reply with quote

Is there any time scale as yet for the general availability of the new 'N' range of Navman gps units?
doctorf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the cross post but unsure which forum is best for the question;

Have just got the N20 and it would seem to run using Smart ST4.
It is looking for .csv files but the Navman files on this site are all .asc files. I would appreciate some advice on which files to use.

I should also add that the N20 comes loaded with the latest cams from Navman and they are offering 3 years subscription for the price of 2. This is still more expensive than GPS World but is probably more convenient !(duck for cover!).
Does anyone know how good the Navman database is??

Thanks a lot

Simon
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doctorf wrote:
Sorry for the cross post but unsure which forum is best for the question;

Simon

Answered in your other thread.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: