Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Wayfinder
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Wayfinder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Wayfinder Reply with quote

How come that Wayfinder is practical not mentioned on this forum? I really can't believe that the gps-lovers here didn't see or used Wayfinder.

www.wayfinder.biz
Someone has some comments about this software?

Billy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed we have just completed testing of it and a review will be published shortly Thumbs Up
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayfinder Reply with quote

Billy wrote:
I really can't believe that the gps-lovers here didn't see or used Wayfinder.
Problem for me is that the phones (especially the Nokia Smartphones) can only support 1 Bluetooth connection at a time - as soon as you have a Bluetooth headset or Bluetooth car kit, you can't also have a Bluetooth Serial connection concurrently.

This limitation prevents me from replacing my old Garmin GPS (plus PDA) with Wayfinder, especially with the new legislation on phones coming in around December 2003.

Steve
Billy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Wayfinder Reply with quote

swing wrote:
Problem for me is that the phones (especially the Nokia Smartphones) can only support 1 Bluetooth connection at a time

Steve

Well I've heard (did not test it because I don't have an headset) that with the P800 you can use both at the same time. This means that can have a bluetooth connection with your gps and also use your headset at the same time.

Billy
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having spoken to someone with both a Bluetooth Headset and the Wayfinder software (and a Bluetooth GPS) they said using their Nokia 3650 that when they took a call Wayfinder stopped updating the GPS location.

I think the SE P800/900 might support the two connections, but I'm not so sure that the Nokia Series 60 phones can.

Given the initial release of TomTom CityMaps for Nokia Series60 phones now, it would be nice to find out it is possible.
Billy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayfinder did say that they would release within a week a new and updated UIQ version. I think that they are finally aware that they still has an unfinished product. And now that TomTom is concentrating on the mobile platform they need to do something quick.

TomTom has only citymaps available for the S60 series but what happend if they port it to the UIQ? What happend if they port their navigation system for the mobile market?? Wayfinder does need to improve a lot on their software if they still want to be in the market. But we will see in a short time if Wayfinder keeps their customers happy.

Billy
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I think if TomTom bring out a CityMaps Europe product allowing us to store the maps on our MMC cards, I can see a shift away from Wayfinder towards TomTom.

The best thing Wayfinder can do is to add the traffic information (which is due any time now) to their system to give them an advantage over TomTom.
Billy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, where is that Wayfinder review Happy

Billy
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah shucks, if it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't be kept on my toes all the time! 8O Laughing

Duncan hasn't completed the review yet, but we will be releasing the preview over the weekend.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wayfinder for Nokia 6600 review is now up on the site click here for the full article
Billy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice review. As everybody can read in that review than Wayfinder has still many things to do!

Billy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: