Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Comparison Database Comments
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Comparison Database Comments
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Comparison Database Comments Reply with quote

Please post any comments here regarding the Comparison Databases.

If you would like to add a product, please post it here.

If you would like to report an error in some of the data, please post it here.

Other than that, please post any other comments you have, perhaps future improvements, or problems you experience with the databases in this message thread.
matt_e
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous Dave. Just what I need considering my imminent purchase!!

Cheers,
Matt
Thumbs Up
smbruce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave - this isn't working for me.

When I click on the link in the home page it takes me to a summary with a banner at the bottom. When I click on that I go back to the home page?

Steve Confused
matt_e
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem (and still do). However, if you click on the banner that says Bluetooth wirless comparison database enough times (I looped through 3 times) it eventually took me to the right page though.
How bizarre as the song goes.
Matt Rolling Eyes
smbruce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt_e wrote:
I had the same problem (and still do). However, if you click on the banner that says Bluetooth wirless comparison database enough times (I looped through 3 times) it eventually took me to the right page though.
How bizarre as the song goes.
Matt Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the suggestion Matt but I've done it a couple of dozen times now and it ain't woykin'!

Do you remember that greeting card that said "How to keep an idiot happy - PTO" and on the other side it said "How to keep an idiot happy - PTO"??? I feel I'm falling for it all over again!! HeHeHe

Steve Thumbs Up
matt_e
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud Laughing
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I know what's causing the problem. If you're using the pocketgpsworld.com address to access the site you will have a problem accessing the Comparison Database. We'll get this fixed ASAP but in the mean time I've updated the link from the news page to push you to the www.PocketGPSWorld.com address which should rectify the problem. If you have bookmarked the Comparison Page, remove it, visit the news page and re-bookmark it and it will be okay.
smbruce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave

Still not working!

When I hover on the banner the following link appears http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/compareomatic/index.php?TempID=15 but when I click I'm back at the pocketgpsworld homepage.

Steve Confused
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've edited the page since to stop it looping back to the homepage, try it again, if it still doesn't work, it's because your browser has cached the page incorrectly and you might have to delete the offending page from the cache in your browser or delete your temp internet files.
smbruce
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
I've edited the page since to stop it looping back to the homepage, try it again, if it still doesn't work, it's because your browser has cached the page incorrectly and you might have to delete the offending page from the cache in your browser or delete your temp internet files.

:D :D :D

It works!!

Thanks Dave.

Steve Thumbs Up
cultivator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Exellent! Reply with quote

Outstanding Thumbs Up Very helpful addition to an already excellent site!

One thing that I believe would make the database even more helpful is the original release date of each receiver since there are sometimes multiple versions of the same name. For example, there are two versions of the Emtac BTGPS, so visitors won't know the current Emtac listed is the old one release about two(?) years ago now.

So if I can make a request, it would be to somehow specify the original release date or the version/specific name so you can tell if you are looking at a relatively old receiver.

Thanks for creating such a great resource!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the ability to set this in the database, mainly for admin use. Most details are fairly sketchy on current models, but new models we'll be keeping this up to date. We'll probably look at adding this as a feature later.

Currently there's an Etac and Socket, but there aren't two versions of the Emtac that I'm aware of. Emtac will be bringing out a new version soon (hopefully).

We're currently working on the other templates, which will really give some great comparisons Thumbs Up
cultivator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OT) We received the new Emtac BTGPS last week - I didn't open it up personally so can't swear that it's the new version promised, with the removable battery. Wink It's at another location now so I'm waiting to hear back on that. I do know they didn't send literature with it because Transplant is re-designing their materials (new co name, website, etc). Transplant's tech guys have been at a conference so I'll get the detailed spec sheet on Monday. I'll share the info when I get it.
cultivator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it turns out, the new Emtacs are not available yet, and we did receive the older model instead of the new one we were expecting (argh). We were told again yesterday that it was definitely available for shipment (by Transplant in US) but just discovered that is not true (arrrrgh). Sorry for the confusion! Still no word back on the specs for the soon-to-be-released new model, but I'll pass those on when they are provided.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Cabled Mouse Comparison Database ONLINE Reply with quote

We have just released a new comparison database. The new GPS Cabled Mouse Comparison Database contains 13 of the more common GPS Mouse Receivers on the market today, so you can compare them side by side.

Over the coming days and weeks we will be releasing further databases, but in the mean time, take a look, if you see any errors, please report them or if a product is missing, please notify us of them.

Enjoy!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: