Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - what unit for Sat Nav and GPS camera detection?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

what unit for Sat Nav and GPS camera detection?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zippi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: what unit for Sat Nav and GPS camera detection? Reply with quote

The Road Angel Navigator 6000 gets good reviews on one site in particular (but the rumour is he works for Road Angel) - so it seems it's pretty much useless when it comes to Sat Nav and camera database pretty poor. (and i assume the Navigator 7000 when it comes out will only solve the hardware problems and not anything else)

The Snooper Indago gets a decent write-up on several sites - but no one here seems to say anything great about it. So how bad is it?
(and there's next to no information on the Snooper Syrius)

So what would people recommend as the best setup for Sat Nav and speed camera detection?
Ideally i want it vent mountable, and easily portable from one car to another.

The TomTom One (with pocketgpsworld's POIs) looks like a decent option (although obviously lacks the features of the Indago).
But are there any other Sat Nav units that people can recommend? Or is TomTom the best manufacturer of them?

Thanks
zippi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and how much better is the TomTom 510 than the TomTom One?

Sorry for all the questions - thanks!
Supatramp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Drive Smart have, or are about to, launch what you're looking for.
Check www.drive-smart.co.uk
zippi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response.

Drive Smart seem to make a lot of claims - but i can't find any details of a launch date for the Mercury and i'm not being funny but i think they risk trying to run before they can walk - as they seem to want their units to absolutely everything, rather than a few things well.

If you mean the DriveSmart, featuring the "latest military GPS technology" - more like "latest military tank design"
othilla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: what unit for Sat Nav and GPS camera detection? Reply with quote

zippi wrote:
The Road Angel Navigator 6000 gets good reviews on one site in particular (but the rumour is he works for Road Angel) - so it seems it's pretty much useless when it comes to Sat Nav and camera database pretty poor.

I have been running the 6000 for a couple of months now and I have never been let down or had any problems with it. I also have a medion MDPNA175 with POI handler showing camera warnings and the 6000 is much better and more accurate. I have read some reviews on the 6000 and was not sure they were talking about the same unit Confused
wingnut73
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: indago Reply with quote

I have been running an Indago for over 6 months now,my own,my company have fitted all vehicles with Tom Tom Go 710, IMHO,not a patch on the Indago,the Indago tells you what type and speed the camera is set at,plus your own accurate speed,the tom tom just bleeps and flashes a few times,no indication of type of camera
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the moi units maybe worth look as use directional data which we currently provide for these units

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
CliffEdge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: RA Navigator 6000 Reply with quote

Road Angel Navigator 6000 for Halfords...

I've got one of these..... well its embedded in the wall at the end of the garden.... its a terrible unit. Its so slow.... the instructions get confused as to which button you have pressed.....then you wait while it resets itself... then wait some more.... then...zzzz.... then the screen sensitivity degrades so it thinks you have pressed a different button... now that is really annoying...... even if someone was to give you this for free.... you still wouldn't use it its too frustrating for words!!!! I've just replaced it with a Nuvi 660.... yes £309 but so so much better.
To be fair the RA 6000 was a great concept... the hardware was just unable to cope... don't buy one!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: