Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - VR 6.15 Released!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

VR 6.15 Released!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomcat76
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oldboy....well it sort of worked before, but it's always been hit and miss...
Sometimes it works and stores a location, then othertimes it don't.

I get the Loading poi message come up just the other day and then it just went straight back to the map.... I sent off a stored location either today or yesterday with a message attached asking if it was correct as I'm sure I sent it before but the camera is still not in the database....

Now today I updated to the latest software, and sat at home and managed to store a camera outside my house!!!
DocL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well folks, I am of a mind, like others, not to spend hours messing about trying to get v6.15 working properly on my old GO Classic, see here.
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=44558

It still does not appear to be entirely glitch-free.

I've had a reply from TT Support which didn't really address the main problem of inability to activate the map, even though the correct code (OK previously) was used.

They had a couple of suggestions which were;
Upgrade, in the old way, to v.5.44 first (mine was v.5.1) {not convinced about this}, then perform a reset, then

upload the NEW version of HOME v1.3.030, which only came on stream a few days ago. You may not realise it's a new version, as the download file has the same name!!

When I installed this new version, I noticed that some of the older files in the original version were de-installed.
I then used this new HOME to 'restore' the old data and maps back to the corrupted SD card which I couldn't activate.

Now I did this with the card in a 'card reader', not in the GO!
HOME hunts around for a Tomtom-looking device/card (drive: I, in my case) and then, ostensibly, did the 'restore'!

I haven't yet put this card back in my GO for fear of the whole thing screwing up again!

So it appears that not only is v6.15 not entirely glitch-free, but that TT have had to upgrade HOME as well!
tomcat76
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like yourself I upgraded my original go using the 'home' and even though I have not used the upgrade to any extent I upgraded again using the new home and new v6.15 and never had any problems.... my only problem has been the camera program 'Capture POI' which has been a bit hit and miss, but thats been like it since I installed it.
I love the way it all appears on the computer.... cool!
Boxbrownie
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent been in here for a while, not been well Crying or Very sad ......all getting better now, anyway popped in here first time for ages last week and saw the TTHome update stuff, installed it, used it, and my Original TTGo now has version 6.150........pretty new menus and much better contrast map colours than before, so much easier to see in bright sunlight now! Well pleased and no hassles either (thats a first from TT), so I am happy bunny, now just going to try the POIcapture software......see if that bugers it up now Laughing

Best regards David
thedon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed TT Home, and upgraded my Go 500 to v 6.15 just before going on holiday to Cornwall.

All appeared to be OK, until the Go suddenly decided to take us off the A38 (which goes almost directly to our destination (Lostwithiel)) nr Plymouth to follow a much smaller local roads. I ignored it assuming it was something to do with the toll bridge that was coming up.

Then a few days later the Go 500 got lost after we got diverted onto a brand new road, and after getting it's bearings when we rejoined an existing road, it proceeded to navigate us via lanes that didn't appear to have been driven through for days. I followed it in blind faith (much to the annoyance of 'er indoors as the thorn bushes etc grazed the doors and roof!).

I can't see any obvious settings screen to change from "follow shortest route" to "follow quickest route" - anyone else noticed this?.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got "Show all menu options" enabled?
I think the choice of "shortest" "quickest" or "ask first" should be the same as before.
tomcat76
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Andy say's you have to have "Show ALL menu option's" enabled and then under Planning Preferences you have the option's there to show fastest route, shortest routes etc... but if you tick the "Ask everytime" in planning preferences then regardless of if you have the menu's more/less it will ask you each time you plot a route.
thedon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick replies chaps - it was set to "Always plan fastest routes", so perhaps there's some quirk with my machine or upgrade.

I've set it to "Ask me every time I plan" and will see what it does next time!.

Cheers guys.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: