Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Go USA maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Go USA maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laurie0236
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Go USA maps Reply with quote

I have done a search for an answer to my question but did not find anything complely relevant.

My question is: I have an original TOM TOM GO and I am going to Orlando next year. Can I download the Orlando map and have it work on my Tom Tom Go. I had heard somewhere that a Tom Tom Go canot use USA maps.

If I can, could some kind person give me a rough guide as to what I do to use ther maps.

Thanks
Laurie
Skelmersdale
linrew
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

yes you can have orlando maps on the go classic

you can put any maps you want on it

i have them on mine and it has worked fine for a couple of years

i would reccomend you buy the usa southeast region(59.95 euros) as this has the whole of florida on it (inside the southeast region).

if you purchase just orlando you will get JUST orlando not the surrounding areas (kissimmee area) which could be very usefull when drivng around

to use the maps you will need a bigger card than what the go came with (this also is true even if you buy just orlando),

i would suggest at least a 521mb card (around 15 quid) but it wouldnt hurt to get a larger card for future map purchases.

to get the maps goto tomtom.com and buy them, they will give you a web address where you can download them and the product code that you will need to activate them (at ttcode.com). DO NOT LOSE THIS PRODUCT CODE AS A NEW ONE WILL COST THE PRICE OF THE NEW MAPS.

you then just save the maps to hard disc and double click it and it will install them to the card.

if you have tomtom home installed on your pc you can use it to purchase maps and install them on the card.

when arriving in the USA it could take tomtom up to half an hour to get a fix on the satellites.

hope this helps

andy
linrew
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

i also have a few POIs for the usa if you want them, walmart,costco,cracker barrel,and loads of camp sites

just send me a PM with your email address and i will send them to you

andy CoPilot
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have no problems with an existing map (although there will probably not be room for it on an original One SD card).
Get a new, larger SD card and copy everything onto it from your original card. Check that works before doing anything else.
Then you need to download the new map and copy that to the new SD card in its own folder. The map should come with a Product Code number; take that code and the Device Code of your Go (find that with Preferences / Show Version) and enter them both into www.ttcode.com. That will generate an "Activation Code" which the TomTom will ask for when you first try to use the new map.
You will also need to select the map in Preferences / Manage Maps / Switch Map.
laurie0236
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help. I now have the information that I needed and will be getting the South East Region of Florida so that we can explore without running our of map.

Laurie

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: