Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT910 Software Version.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT910 Software Version.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick1486
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: TT910 Software Version. Reply with quote

Hi I just bought a tt910 today and upon installing TomTom Home it immediately recognized that there was a newer (1.3) version available and downloaded it for me along with some voices.

My software application version shows as version 6.100 but looking at TomToms website it says the latest version is 6.11 however when I use the update facility on TomTom Home it says no update available.

Have I got the latest version or is there something wrong or is there something I need to do to manually update it?

Also, I got a free sub to TT's speedcams and traffic free for 1 month.
How do these compare to this sites' speedcam database and which one should I subscribe to?

Cheers
Rick
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the version of software on your device with it not connected to the PC, from the main Nav screen simply tap the sat strength meter (lower left) and the version will be displayed.
A number of people have been reporting this, but it often turns out to be the version of TomTom Home they are listing, which differs from the application on the unit.
As for the camera databases, why not install both? then after the one month trial period you will know which one is better, a one month subscription here will cost you £2 - Mike
Rick1486
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike will do.

One other question when I checked the version you were quite right but I'm concerned because the device only shows 61mb ram (as opposed to 64mb) with only 5.1mb free. On the TT site where it shows how to get version information they illustrate a system with 64mb ram and 64mb free. Is there something wrong with mine? I wasn't doing anything with it at the time and there were no routes planned nor anything else which I can think would explain this.
Also when I remove the device from the home dock it often is frozen and I have to reset it. Surely this shouldn't be so?

Cheers
Rick
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1486 wrote:
Also when I remove the device from the home dock it often is frozen and I have to reset it. Surely this shouldn't be so?
Did you use the My Device disconnect Icon at the bottom of the HOME Screen?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Rick1486
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did that but the screen on the 910 just continued to show the pretty picture of the 910 and nothing else happened so after a few minutes I had to resort to the reset button - a bit frustrating to say the least and I'm concerned I may have a duff one especially with the memory issue (if it is one) I described in my previous post which I hope someone here can clarify for me.

Cheers
Rick
Rick1486
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then, it keeps leaking memory like a sieve, going down to as low as 1.9mb out of 64mb free, there's a stuck pixel on screen, and everytime I disconnect it from TT home it freezes.

Spoke to TomTom, they sent me a file to try and it still does the same - it's going back to the shop, I've had enough!! 500 quid not very well spent methinks!

I'm going for a nuvi 360 as so many others seem to have done, it's just a shame they can't make it give the option of multiple waypoints a la tomtom.

Rick
Rick1486
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update - took the tt910 back to Maplins & on the advice of the wife changed it for another 910 to give them a fair crack of the whip.

So far this one seems ok, but it still shows only about 5mb of ram free on the device information screen. Is this a fault or do they all do this?

Cheers
Rick
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about the the RAM, I would say that is normal, the device is equipped with 64MB (even though basic maths on both your device and mine would add up to 65MB), on my unit it shows 61MB RAM (Free: 3,0MB) - Mike
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linux also uses the Hard Drive/SD Card as Virtual Memory, in much the same way as a Windows PC.;)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Rick1486
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that lads, much appreciated.

Another one for you gurus - today I tried to input an address as a poi using the postcode facility and the message I got back was that there were no usable locations near the cursor for the postcode I had entered which btw was on the tt's list of codes but was greyed out - any ideas why this is - the postcode is valid and has been the same for 3 or 4 years now having replaced an old postcode for that location.

Cheers
Rick

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: