Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed camara downloads
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed camara downloads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wader
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: speed camara downloads Reply with quote

Good Morning,
I have been using my i3 for a couple of weeks now and its been great.
I decided to update my speed camara setting which I did from this site and it said it had all been sucsessfully downloaded onto the i3.

Problem now is that I have not got any speed camara's on it now, all seems to have been lost! I should add that I also downloaded Pol as well and thats also gone missing. It may well be all on it but I just don't know what to do.

Could someone talk a beginer through the problem to re-set it all for me.

Thanks very much.

Ken
Thar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the transflash card type or the built in memory type?

When you say they have gone, have you checked under Where to/Food drinks hotels and more/custom points? Are they not listed there?

Each time you download new POI's/safety cams it deletes the previous ones. I would try again making sure ALL POI/safety camera files are in the same directory...won't do any harm trying again.
wader
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: lost data Reply with quote

Hi Thar, I was getting worried no one could help!
My i3 came with a card.

Right, found all the POI stuff under Custom Points, thanks very much, as a matter of intrest will they show up as I pass them or is that asking too much.?
More important stuff now though, I will try again to download the speed camara file and see what happens.
When I have downloaded them is there anyway of telling if its been downloaded and onto the i3 in the setting or something?
Sorry to be a pain, thanks very much.

Ken
Thar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The POI's won't show up as you pass them, the reason given, if there were a lot of POI's in close proximity, the unit would lock up.

OK, if you try and download the speed cameras again make sure you have the POI's in the same directory when you do it, so in effect you are downloading the POI's again, don't worry they won't be on twice Wink As I said before, when you download new safety cams and POI's it overwrites those already on the card. The safety cams will show under Custom points too, listed as pocketgps_uk_gatso,pocketgps_uk_mobile etc.

HTH
wader
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: lost data Reply with quote

Thanks again will give it a try in the morning

Ken
boydonegood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!
When i originally brought my I3 i loaded POI's and Speed Cameras on and all worked fine..I have yesterday updated the I3 and have the same problem as Wader.....
Ive found all the POI's in Custom Points (So guess that will be ok)
I also have a POI called pocketgps_uk_sc which when selected lists a long list of "40-G-2275" Type files...
But when out on the road my I3 no longer seems to detect or warn me of any cameras (even at sites where it used too)
Anyone have any help on this or am i missing something silly?
Thanks guys
Thar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boydonegood wrote:
Hi there!
When i originally brought my I3 i loaded POI's and Speed Cameras on and all worked fine..I have yesterday updated the I3 and have the same problem as Wader.....
Ive found all the POI's in Custom Points (So guess that will be ok)
I also have a POI called pocketgps_uk_sc which when selected lists a long list of "40-G-2275" Type files...
But when out on the road my I3 no longer seems to detect or warn me of any cameras (even at sites where it used too)
Anyone have any help on this or am i missing something silly?
Thanks guys

Have you downloaded the UK - Single File version of the database rather than the UK - PoiLoader i3 version?
boydonegood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thar!
Yeah,i downloaded the Single File then unzipped it to a New Folder..Downloaded a load of POI's and unzipped them to the same New Folder.Ran Installer and aimed it to the New Folder..
As i say ive got (it seems) all the POI and the Gatso files in the custom folder,Unit just does'nt seem to detect or warn of the actual cameras?
Tel
Nickwolf
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to download the POI Loader version of the database.

Nick.
boydonegood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrgh Cheers Nick
(Sorry Thar,just re read your post and i had interpreted it wrong thinking i was meant to load the single file.)
Thanks guys,,Have just re loaded all the POI's and the Cameras and i now have all the different camera types stored in the Custom Points file,so will try that on way to work tommorow..
Thanks for your patience and help guys Tel

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: