Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Route66 Mobile 7
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Route66 Mobile 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobthebuilder
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Route66 Mobile 7 Reply with quote

Route66 is now available for the N80

http://www.66.com/route66/products.php?cid=UK&sec=4&ssec=0&prodid=1722

:D
gray52
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi did you buy this? im after the original sis file, in the hope that i can upgrade to the newest one which i have.
Arimus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip. Got all excited for a minute until I read that it requires Windows Mobile 5 - as my phone is still running 200 SE (CE version 4.something) I'm out of luck so it looks like I'm still down to just TomTom, Destinator (some reviews have put me off) or Copilot Live.

Pitty noone offers eval versions - I'd rather evaluate the options before splashing out (and Tomtom is in kit form only which as I've got a GPS unit already is an extra expense I could do without ;) )
tiggybear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Route66 Mobile software on N80 Not compatible Reply with quote

I recently bought this software direct from Route66 after researching it's compatibility with Nokias latest rubbish phone the N80 (I previously tried to use their N70 and it met with a sticky end.
Route66 software would not install as it should have but an expensive call to the Netherlands (a helpful robot called Carolina) solved this.
HOWEVER the software DOES NOT WORK with the N80 at all. Another expensive call to the useless Carolina conformed that they have been having trouble with the N80 despite their website rhetoric.
I am now 0ut of pocket some 180-euros.
I tried the oute66 software as TomTom would not install. (Nor would Route66 using their N80 installer.
Arimus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the one thing that annoys me with these gps packages - alot of other software has limited functionality demo vesions, time limited copies etc which atleast let you confirm your handset is compatible.

If TT et al provided a limited version (say by allowing you to download either a time limited version -which as phones can pick the time up from the beacon signals this is harder to overcome than on a PC for example, or alternatively by allowing you to download a 10km square based around your home town and having a version of the software than only supports the download trial map) I think their sales would certainly pick up and would eliminate alot of the guess work.

My personal problem is while I know alot about GPS (used to develop military gps systems) my knowledge of modern mapping software is lagging behind - and a demo version would have answered alot of questions I had without me having to take the risk of forking out over £100 for something I might find useless...
wiggy25
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARIMUS,

I dont' know how you feel about off board software but try Wayfinder, it gives you a 5 day free trial.

I've been really pleased with it.

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: