Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - how do i hack my medion md95900 mdpna200s
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

how do i hack my medion md95900 mdpna200s
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCO7T
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: how do i hack my medion md95900 mdpna200s Reply with quote

hi there
does anybody know how to hack the medion 95900 (mdpna200s)
i have seen on the forums people saying that they have done it but cant find out how they done it.
i have also read "put the taskbar program in the windows start up folder"
but cannot find the program on the net
any body got any ideas
any help will be apreciated
(p.s. i have listing a simular listing in the wrong forum)
sorry, i dont normally double list
but listed the first one in error and had no response
so thought i would try in the correct forum
many thanks for your time
regards
scott lewis
SCO7T
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi again all managed to find it in another listing
many thanks to mrRee4U (diamond geezer)
heres what to do
Aldi - Medion MD95900 - MDPNA200S

Cracked access to the WinCE OS

It is not completely the same procedure as on the Navigon pna but it is very close which is where i started from. Many many thanks to GpsPasSion for the info !

1. Create a folder on your local PC \MedionGPS

2. Download the additional files required here:
http://www.gpspassion.com/download/custom150e.zip
and place it in the \MedionGPS folder

3. Unzip the files contained in the custom150e.zip file into the folder \MedionGPS (still on your local PC)

4. Now Connect the MDPNA200S to your PC via ActiveSync and click 'explore'

5. Copy 'regedit.exe' from the \MedionGPS folder and paste into the devices \Windows\programs folder

6. Copy 'modified.reg' into the 'Medion' folder on the device

7. Copy 'showtaskbar.exe' into the devices \windows\startup folder

8. Soft Reset your device using the stylus (unscrew the end of the stylus to reveal the reset pin!)

When the MDPNA200S reboots it will automatically launch the taskbar, (but the Medion application is also still running.)

9. On the medion now, tap 'start' then 'programs' then 'regedit'
(the registry editor application is now open.

10. Click 'File' then 'Import' This opens a browser window, browse to the 'Medion' folder and double tap on the file we placed there a short while ago called 'modified.reg' Now close the regedit program.

11. Soft Reset your device using the stylus (unscrew the end of the stylus to reveal the reset pin!) You have a start / task bar and no Medion application running.

{{ Nearly there only a few more things to do }}

12. On your PC in the active sync - explore window - Locate Setting.exe in the 'Medion' folder, right-click and select 'Create Shortcut'. Copy the 'Shortcut to Setting.exe' file that is created as a result and paste into \Windows\Desktop. Repeat this process for 'MNAVDECE.exe' also located in the 'Medion' folder and 'MP3Player.exe' located in \Windows

Finally, reset your device once more with the stylus and it will boot to the WinCE desktop with shortcuts to the three applications you had before. If you hold your stylus at the bottom left of the screen on the thin grey bar the WinCE taskbar will appear and you will gain access to the standard WinCE apps.

Almost forget --

After you run the Mapping program then exit the program, the taskbar is gone. There are two things you can do, a soft reset (Taskbar is back) or better than that :-

On your PC in the active sync - explore window - Locate 'showtaskbar.exe' into the \windows\startup folder, right-click and select 'Create Shortcut'. Copy the 'Shortcut to showtaskbar.exe' file that is created as a result and paste into \Windows\Desktop.

Now when you come out of mapping, just click the showtaskbar shortcut.
once again many thanks to MrRee4U for the info
regards
scott lewis

Good Luck.
dawrhants
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it tonight and it works a treat. Thanks. It opens up a whole new system. :D
madmark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just tried that on my machine works great ,thanks, also i have got ukpc2ttn full postcode finder on my machine did the same with the shortcut works great http://www.geopostcode.com/ just make sure you get the right program for your machine
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: how do i hack my medion md95900 mdpna200s Reply with quote

SCO7T wrote:
hi there
does anybody know how to hack the medion 95900 (mdpna200s)
many thanks for your time
regards
scott lewis

And now you can buy this FREE information of Scott's add on eBay for £3.99 which also included using an image from my web site using my bandwidth to steal the information, well done Scott Lewis. scottlewis@ntlworld.com

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5790879667&category=69927
a7jvd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi chaps,

thanks for all the info here it is very uesful, just wondering however my friend has the medion pna 175 i think it is and he has followed some of the procedure on this page (only bit different is he has installed tom tom software) and it has worked fine, with tom tom he gets the full post code search, points of interests, speed cameras etc but we tried it for my pna 200 and although it is a newer model and the operating system is the same i,e windows ce it did not work, any ideas why? any suggestion or help? it would be gr8 to unlock tom tom on this sat nav. any help or advive would be much appreciated. thanks in advance.
trickyhicky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,Just tried this on my medion MDPNA220 and it "sort of" works in that the device powers up to a medion background with the four shortcuts and the windows taskbar on it for less than a second then goes straight to the origional screen with the settings, navigation and mp3 player buttons and no taskbar or thin grey line at the bottom. I cant get into the start menu to access regedit to complete steps 9 and 10. Has anyone else come across this problem and is there another way round it??
trickyhicky
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now sorted it, I took out the memory card then soft reset the device and the taskbar appeared for just long enough to get into reg edit.
Andysue
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had trouble getting into the regedit on my medion 96800, so I followed the following steps & it worked (the instructions are slightly different)although I found it a little slower, now all I have to do is see if I can install tom tom and get them both working.
heres what to do

It is not completely the same procedure as on the Navigon pna but it is very close which is where i started from. Many many thanks to GpsPasSion for the info !

1. Create a folder on your local PC \MedionGPS

2. Download the additional files required here:
http://www.gpspassion.com/download/custom150e.zip
and place it in the \MedionGPS folder

3. Unzip the files contained in the custom150e.zip file into the folder \MedionGPS (still on your local PC)

4. Now Connect the MDPNA200S to your PC via ActiveSync and click 'explore'

5. Copy 'regedit.exe' from the \MedionGPS folder and paste into the devices \Windows\programs folder

6. Copy 'modified.reg' into the 'Medion' folder on the device

7. Copy 'showtaskbar.exe' into the devices \windows\startup folder

8. Soft Reset your device using the stylus (unscrew the end of the stylus to reveal the reset pin!)

When the MDPNA200S reboots it will automatically launch the taskbar, (but the Medion application is also still running.)

9. On the medion now, tap 'start' then 'programs' then 'regedit'
(the registry editor application is now open.

10. Click 'File' then 'Import' This opens a browser window, browse to the 'Medion' folder and double tap on the file we placed there a short while ago called 'modified.reg' Now close the regedit program.

11. Soft Reset your device using the stylus (unscrew the end of the stylus to reveal the reset pin!) You have a start / task bar and no Medion application running.

{{ Nearly there only a few more things to do }}

12. On your PC in the active sync - explore window - Locate Setting.exe in the 'Medion' folder, right-click and select 'Create Shortcut'. Copy the 'Shortcut to Setting.exe' file that is created as a result and paste into \Windows\Desktop. Repeat this process for 'MNAVDECE.exe' also located in the 'Medion' folder and 'MP3Player.exe' located in \Windows

Finally, reset your device once more with the stylus and it will boot to the WinCE desktop with shortcuts to the three applications you had before. If you hold your stylus at the bottom left of the screen on the thin grey bar the WinCE taskbar will appear and you will gain access to the standard WinCE apps.

Almost forget --

After you run the Mapping program then exit the program, the taskbar is gone. There are two things you can do, a soft reset (Taskbar is back) or better than that :-

On your PC in the active sync - explore window - Locate 'showtaskbar.exe' into the \windows\startup folder, right-click and select 'Create Shortcut'. Copy the 'Shortcut to showtaskbar.exe' file that is created as a result and paste into \Windows\Desktop.

Now when you come out of mapping, just click the showtaskbar shortcut.
once again many thanks to MrRee4U for the info
regards
scott lewis

Good Luck.
itsratman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: medion MDPNA220 Reply with quote

trickyhicky wrote:
Hi,Just tried this on my medion MDPNA220 and it "sort of" works in that the device powers up to a medion background with the four shortcuts and the windows taskbar on it for less than a second then goes straight to the origional screen with the settings, navigation and mp3 player buttons and no taskbar or thin grey line at the bottom. I cant get into the start menu to access regedit to complete steps 9 and 10. Has anyone else come across this problem and is there another way round it??

Hello trickyhicky
I also have a 220, is this procedure reversible if it goes wrong as mine still under warranty, does it allow you to update the unit with speed camera alerts etc. What has it opened on your unit.
Many Thanks
itsraman
Paul80
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Andysue"]I had trouble getting into the regedit on my medion 96800, so I followed the following steps & it worked (the instructions are slightly different)although I found it a little slower, now all I have to do is see if I can install tom tom and get them both working.
heres what to do

Just tried this on my 96800 and can confirm that it works fine.

Thanks for the info.
leebatch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

've done the above and got the desktop ok ive put tomtom on put the graphics are scrambled cant make out any thing is there any way of reducing my resalotion on the md95900 or dos anyone know of any other way to fix this my medion navigator still works fine it is just the tomtom cheers
skybosun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: 95900 screen scrambled after loading tom tom Reply with quote

leebatch,
I have just done exactly the same on my 95900. Am trawling the web as I thought that I had seen an item about scrambled screen but don't remember where. Please post it if you come up with an answer and I'll do the same. Everything seemed to load ok and the Tom Tom prog booted up from the taskbar but its like looking at a CRT display thats set on the wrong res.
leebatch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers mate i'll do that
bitka
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could somebody please tell me if it's safe to do this with a md 96840? Don't want to ruin the thing.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: