Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SmartST Version 4 Wishlist
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SmartST Version 4 Wishlist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clogs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like the option of varying the time at which a voice prompt is given. Say up to ten seconds earlier, or have the next two prompts combined. I hate being told to talk the first exit when I'm half way around the roundabout.
gsxr1000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to have all avoid areas listed in menu maybe similar in functionality to the route planning listing where one can easily tabulate from one to the next and delete avoids when no longer blocked

have faster re routing - still too slow

for the program to get the message when one goes down the wrong route and after maybe 1/2 to 1 mile later it is still trying to take you back - when clearly you know a better way - for it to recognise this and re route after maybe 3 voice promts - so bloody annoying
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if these things have been mentioned already, but I'm submitting them anyway.

70) Change the GPS-status screen such that the user can return to the main menu with a push on the HW left button - similar to how it works in the navigation screens. At the moment you have to click on the left arrow on the screen which can be quite tricky (and dangerous) when your driving. Also disable the HW down button while in the GPS-Status screen so that you don't change COM port accidently.

71) Allow switching between the main menu pages by pressing the left HW button repeatedly (instead using the the arrows on the touch screen). Or even better, move all menu items into one screen (I think this has been suggested already)

72) While in the main menu, a push on the right HW button should move you to map mode. This because you very easily press the left arrow button by mistake while in navigation mode and end up in the main screen.

73) Show DGPS status on the GPS-status screen

I'm looking forward to see if, at least a few of the issues mentioned in this thread, will lead to a change in the final release of SmartST 2005. The comments that have leaked out from owners of PIN570 doesn't indicate much of an improvement, but who knows what happens in the PPC standalone version...
Garmin GPSMap 60CSx (SW ver. 3.70)
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

74) Add a compass to the screen like in TomTom. Very nice feature!
BrianT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

75) I suggested this one just over two years ago but DavidW shot it down in flames. This time I am NOT suggesting that people share the files created from what I am outlining below...

Say you're on a brand new road or one that's obscure enough (but important to you) so that it's not on the Navman maps. Say this is not the first time you've been on that road and you'd like it in (in some way) with the supplied maps.

How about if at the start of said road you could click on your current position and in the drop down select 'Teach Mode'. From then until you click again (probably when you arrive at a road included as part of the Navman maps but not necessarily - as in the case of a dead-end) and select 'End Teach Mode', the software would record your twists and turns and store it in some sort of overlay file. That file would then be included in all routing functionality thereafter.

You might also need to indicate what sort of road it is (main, minor, whatever) that you've just driven on so that ETAs, TTGs can be calculated.
DonThompson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#76: An altitude reading. I sometimes drive through some high mountainous areas and am curious about my elevation sometimes.

#77: How about the ability of the user to create, name, and store streets to permanent memory. I have been on a few roads that are not in the database and would love to put their info into the permanent map data.
Maby a trail method followed with a popup box to enter the name of the trail created, its type (road, trail, highway) and its address range.

#78: Putting the program and data on DVD.
gabbygall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the below are my favourite features of TTN, these, coupled with Navman Maps etc would make it a great product,

79. Smoother scrolling in 3D mode. Kind of like TTN5, where it interpolates the data to give an impression of more fluid movement.

80. Bigger buttons in the menus. Nice and chunky is the way to go.

81. When en-route, chosing the nearest Petrol Station POI, you are offered the option of the next one on your route, or very slightly off-route. I dont want to know if I am 0.4 miles away from a petrol station `as the crow flies`. I want to know where the next one is that will not take me on a magical mystery tour around the english countryside.

82. Preset routing options. Fastest/Shortest/Avoid Motorway etc, instead of having to go in an adjust sliders.

83. Ability to have a text list of stages of your journey, then being able to `avoid` certain stages just by clicking the stage.
BrianT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

84. An "Intolerant Mode" check box. As the journey proceeds and some instructions are apparently ignored then the guidance voice draws upon an increasingly colourful and personal vocabulary. Perhaps even the pitch and the volume of the voice could be raised as well? Once an instruction has been correctly performed then the voice returns to normal.

85. A "Keeping Up Appearances Mode", otherwise called the "Nag Mode" check box. At random intervals on non-motorways, the guidance voice says "Look out for that cyclist!" or, less often, when the speed is detected as being about half of what is reasonable for a certain type of road, "You really are going too fast!"

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: