Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pioneer AVIC-X1R
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pioneer AVIC-X1R
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delt1c
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been using the pioneer for a week now, and must say I am impressed. Went round the M25 today and traffic was as usual for a friday (bad) the system kept me fully informed in advance of hold ups , not just on our side but on the opposite caridgeway.
Must say I am well pleased with the system.
m623d
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any bad points?
what car have you got?

is this your first GPS or have you had others? (tomtom etc)

thanks for your help

Mark
Delt1c
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have had another unit in the past which was OK but no match for the Pioneer.
m623d
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on how its going?
thanks
Mark
Delt1c
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressed with the system, which is a vast improvement on the Alpine, considering about upgrading in the future to the rear camera. Definatley impressed with the system at present. went on the M25 a few nights ago and it even told me about delays in the oposite direction.
MILLWALLFC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it allow you to re-route automatcally if there is bad traffic ? or does it ask if you would like to reroute.

Does it tell you how many miles the traffic jam is for and how long it should take to clear. Also does it give any reasons for the traffic. e.g. Accident.

Have you hit traffic jams and it has not informed you before ?

I have a Clarion Sat Nav. However at the time it did not come with traffic updates just wondered if it is worth upgrading. Everything is fine with the Clarion except i have had it 3 years cost £1500 at the time think it has now gone down to around £900
Delt1c
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you have to ask it to re route although there are many aspects which I havent handled yet.
Shows you on the screen where the traffic is and also shows on the map display how far the jam goes on for. It also has traffic symbols to show if it is road works accident etc.
Dis use it on the last week and get stuck at Thurock, several minutes after getting caught in the jam the unit showed the traffic. Like all systems its only as good as the info it gets. All in all I am well pleased with the system
m623d
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Its been a while since you started using your pioneer.
Hows it going? and problems?

Mark
Delt1c
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

System is working great no problems.
m623d
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Pioneer Avic-x1r Performance (long post!) Reply with quote

Ok, just back from a 3500 mile round trip to Alicante and thought I'd report how my AVIC-X1R performed.

Home to Channel Tunnel, no problems. No Traffic reports (it was 2am though!!) and the ETA was spot on.
On arrival in France I had to set a destination for Rouen as it wanted to send me around Paris and I dont like that way, only problem was I didn't know how far or what time I was due at the over nite stop in Toulouse. (I've since found the Waypoint function! which would have helped)
Anyway, TMC recieved automatically and no traffic problems on route.
When near to Toulouse I checked for nearby Campomile Hotels and chose the first one it came up with. It was spot on.

Day 2 France no problem, TMC report slow traffic around French/Spanish border and was correct ( Icon for slow traffic appeared on screen although I got no verbal warning of this, this happened everytime there were warnings. It did say there was traffic if you checked manually though)
When in Spain the TMC worked, but only around (it seemed) towns/cities.
When it did work (ie show icon, but not verbally as above) it was absolutely spot on.
Navigation got me to the address, as it should.

Whilst in spain I switched to the overhead veiw, as opposed to the Drivers View I had used on the journey down, and found this much better for non navigating my way around, although many one way streets had changed and many a time had to make a quick swerve to avoid going the wrong way up a road!!
POI where great for Carparks, Fastfood (kids onboard!) and Petrol Stations.
My biggest complaint when navigating is some of the strange routes it takes. For example, I would be about 5 mile from the villa and set it to navigate back and it would insist on going to the nearest Autoroute, which would be further!! and would cost on tolls.

On the journey home through Spain TMC showed (on screen again no verabal warning) about 4 times traffic problems and was 100% correct.
When in France the TMC didn't show until I was in heavy traffic! This was the same in the UK when on the M25 last night.
I kept the Navigation on the overhead layout on the way home, and much prefer this now.
Setting a route from Clermont Ferrand to the Channel Tunnel was a pain though as it would insist on going through Paris, eventhough I used waypoints to go via Rouen. When I did eventually get my preferred route set, it took ages to load into the memory and give me an ETA. I wonder if my disc has some errors on it around that area, as it was fine for everywhere else.

On arriving home, Overall I am very pleased with the way it performed.
I was very frustrated with the unit prior to going away because of various issues and had decided this trip would be the make or break for it. I honestly thought I would be selling it. Based on its performance, though I shall keep it, and am now a very happy AVIC owner.

I also have a Tomtom One which I took as a backup and to use for Speedcameras, however I got fed up with it attached to my screen and a charger cable in my way, so threw it in the glovebox. Handy to use in other cars, but apart from the speedcams the AVIC beats it hands down.
Pioneer.... GET SPEEDCAMERAS WARNINGS!!

oh yea, I was using the latest 60 disc.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: