Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom2 and Bluetooth GPS - Automatic connection
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom2 and Bluetooth GPS - Automatic connection
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plagrange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done on an Asus A620BT, and this magic regkey also works for a Socket BT GPS... Many thanks, this would have been very helpful last week while trekking in the grand canyon... OK for TomTom, but too late try it with Follow Me (only 7 days for free ;^)

Pierre
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were out trekking in the Grand Canyon then something you should have taken with you was Memory-Map together with the Maptech National Park map set.

This configuration would have given you 1:100,000 and 1:24,000 scale topo maps to use for navigation.
plagrange
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> If you were out trekking in the Grand Canyon then something you should have taken with you was Memory-Map together with the Maptech National Park map set.

> This configuration would have given you 1:100,000 and 1:24,000 scale topo maps to use for navigation.

Too late ;^)
But I plan for a 4 days snowbyke trip in Canada (February 2004)... Time now to plan for more tools...

Thanks, Pierre
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded the PHM reg editor from downloads and made the reg change, works perfectly with my 2210 and rikaline x7. As soon as i'm in range, the GPS receiver turns on and gets a fix, when i'm out of range, it disconnects its self. Doesnt even annoy you by giving pop up messages or anything.
Commander
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilko, this sounds ideal, could you provide a blow by blow guide to what you do and how you do it please.

Peter
JED
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: More Help Please! Reply with quote

Seems this is just the thread I'm after - only owned my 2210 + Rikaline for 2 weeks but this problem is driving me crazy also - thought I was doing something wrong Crying or Very sad - downloaded the reg editor - a walk thru for this reg hack would be very usefull for all of us PPC virgins! Mr. Green
Wilko
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did exactly what lbendlin said:

1) Use the registry edit program

2) Find the registry key

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BtConfig\Autoconnect\000x

(000x is 0008 for com8 )

3)Add a DWORD entry under this key:

BtBrowserEnabled=0

Dont know much about pocket pc's myself, or what i was doing Rolling Eyes but it worked out ok
bigfatjohn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, please, please can somebody give blow by blow instructions. I'm a total newcomer to the PC.

I've downloaded the regedit prog onto my desktop so what the hell do I do with it now?

It won't run on the PC and I don't know how to transfer it to my iPaq.

Sad
thebears
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: regedit help please Reply with quote

I have managed to get a regedit programme and located the following:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BtConfig\Autoconnect\000x

Not sure of what to do next, I have the 0008 highlighted, can go edit, which brings up: New Key, New String, New Binary, New DWORD etc etc. I take it I choose new DWORD Value:

Then have a new screen, with value name, value data: Base Binary, Decimal Hexdecimal etc.

Where do I enter the “BtBrowserEnabled=0” and in what format.

Not sure what I’m doing here so some complete instructions would be very helpful. I am running PC2003 on an IPAQ 2210 and keep getting that annoying popup manager asking for connection!

Thanks for the help.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you're nearly there. It should be as simple as creating a DWORD value called BtBrowserEnabled in the appropriate key if such a value doesn't already exist. Set that value to 0 (it doesn't matter whether you enter that as Hexadecimal, Decimal or Binary - it's still 0).

David

(who takes no responsibility if it goes wrong - registry editing is inherently risky, but it's never gone wrong for me)
thebears
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just completed the regedot to stop the anoying BT manager connection problems, works a treat. Get in car turn PDA on, by the time the engine is started the unit has conected with nothing to press.

Cheers for a wonderful forum. Have a good Christmas and New Year.

Thumbs Up
bigfatjohn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally cracked it. :D

That's the way it SHOULD have come out of the box.

Thanks to those cleverer than me for pointing me in the right direction.
SteveProffitt
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Fortuna BT GPS, iPAQ4150 & TT2 (Endless Loop) Reply with quote

I have been reading with interest these threads and follow the techniques for avoiding the loop. TT have made me upgrade to 2.09 saying it would cure the problem - it did'nt.

As a consequence I am also concerned about having upgraded to 2.09 I may have done more harm than good for any future BT comms products I buy.

Is it possible to plan offline without the BT running ?

I am a relative novice and have no idea how to modify the registry as suggested. Is there a step by step guide to doing this. Does this mean BT is not running ?

Steve
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I already gave you information in your original thread here. If you only post your message once, not only does it help people in replying to you, but it helps you find your original message and the replies to it!

Posting multiple messages doesn't actually mean you'll get an answer quicker, in-fact it puts people off (and staff off) answering your messages because they know you aren't going to read them because you are going to miss the replies.
im333
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: help updating reg Reply with quote

extracted the .rar files in order to edit the registry - not sure what to do with the files now??

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: