Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera Database for ViaMichelin V4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera Database for ViaMichelin V4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yellabelly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for all the info, I bought a HP rz1710 with Kirrio GPS mount and vM at the week-end from D_xons on their special offer but was most disappointed to find that there was no UK speed cams on their map set. Luckily I found this site and more specifically this posting with the superb set of instructions from elan2s, such that being a bit of a computer numpty even I was able to upload the database including colouring the icons for the different camera systems. The database and vM are spot on with the Scameras around our area giving plenty of warning.
Excellent forum
Yellabelly Thumbs Up
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellabelly wrote:
Many thanks for all the info, I bought a HP rz1710 with Kirrio GPS mount and vM at the week-end from D_xons on their special offer but was most disappointed to find that there was no UK speed cams on their map set. Luckily I found this site and more specifically this posting with the superb set of instructions from elan2s, such that being a bit of a computer numpty even I was able to upload the database including colouring the icons for the different camera systems. The database and vM are spot on with the Scameras around our area giving plenty of warning.
Excellent forum
Yellabelly Thumbs Up

Welcome to the forums Yellabelly!

Thanks for your feedback and thanks elan2s for the instructions! :D
ashleysam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D thanks for the help
wolfie2006
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Using this Camera database with X-950T and V5.xxx Reply with quote

[quote="elan2s"]You can use the database from this website http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php

The manual with the X950-T is an abv. version of the .pdf on viaMichelin, the .pdf version confirms you can use POI Manager to copy .asc to the PND. However POI Manger saves the conveted file as a .ppi, these files fail to show in the POI options, so you can't select them.

After a bit head scratching and noticing that the POI data files are saved as .poi, I located the .ppi in \DiskOnChip\VMNav_POIs rename to .poi, and you can then select as any other POI, not sure if this is viaMichelin's attempt to make you pay for a database later 8O

I think this POI database site has been mentioned too! http://www.poidownload.co.uk/ I tried one of these and it seems to work

Will test over the next few days
looney
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: HP IPAQ RZ 1710 Reply with quote

Hi I wonder if someone can help, ive bought a HP IPAQ RZ 1710 with ViaMichelin ive tried and tried to make it work but it doesnt seem it doesnt want 2. Ive got a Vauxhall Zafira with reflected screen so ive use a external aerial to boost the signal with the cradle but that doesnt work either. the blue light doesnt come on saying it's found a signal. Ive installed all the software onto the Pda I can input the address where I want to go but without the signal it's useless. please can someone help.

Thanks
DrFred
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick Thanks :D

I've been pulling my hair out for about 2 months and have now got this working.
Lostagaininfrance
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those travelling to France, the free speed camera POI download file from vM has many more cameras than the one from PocketGPS and simply requires downloading and importing into vM via the POI Manager. It has its own icon graphic built in.[/quote]

Hi

Cant find the free speed camera POI on Via michelin site any ideas plaese
martike
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it used to be available under "accessories" or "add-ons" or something like that for the GPS software. I know I downloaded this file (I think it cost about EUR 5) for version 2.5 and I assume is was also available for versions 3 and 4, but all of that now seems to have disappeared from the ViaMichelin site with the introduction of MAPS 2006.
elan2s
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is free and can now be found here http://shop.viamichelin.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10001&productId=14002&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10008&categoryId=10008 if you have registered with vM

Note the instructions say that if you have already installed the vM French database you will need to delete it before you install this one as it now includes Belgium. Having done it there are infact two files one for Belgium and one for France and in v3 at least you cannot delete the POI within vm so I simply proceeded without deleting and all seems to be fine
martike
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, elan. Even though I downloaded and paid for the 2.5 version I never did ever install it. I figure the best way to avoid being caught by a speed camera is to not exceed the speed limit, which I'm now regetting a little because I think I may have picked up a ticket last night.

Around Metz the posted limit dropped from 130 to 110 and then to 90 in just a few hundred meters and the camera (if it was one) was only just beyond the "90" sign. I would probably never have noticed it if all the locals hadn't suddenly slowed right down, leaving me streaking ahead of them.
liamsomerville
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted say say thanks for this post as it helped me alot in setting it up on my new rz1710 with viamichelin.

just a quick question though whats the chances of on approch to a speed camera say 200 wards it says "wanrning speed camera in 200 yards" because we all know we should be looking at road rather thn our beautiful sat navs
elan2s
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are asking whether it is possible to change the "bleep" to a voice command them unfortuantly the answer is no. in v3 and I assume v4 and Maps2006 all of the sounds (voice prompts and others) are in a single database for which there is no means of access. Also the POI warning sounds apply to all POIs and not just the speed cameras so you would get silly warnings if you had other POI alerts turned on. I would like to be able to increase the volume of the POI warnings independent of the voice but this is not possible either
bobmred
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Importing POIs Reply with quote

Hi

Not sure if this is applicable to all versions of viaMichelin, but it is to my X-950T.

I followed the advice of Wolfie2006 above (for which many thanks) and got a whole set of imported POIs to display satisfactorily, and even to trigger warnings. But when I tried to navigate to any of my imported POIs, I got a MapSonic crash.

I sought help from Michelin and discovered something really interesting.

It seems that you do NOT need to change file extensions from .ppi to .poi after importing .asc files. (Sorry Wolfie2006)

If you leave them as .ppi, they appear (complete with any new categories you chose for them) in the SAVED ADDRESSES list. Obvious, really!

And then you can do all the usual stuff - have them display or not, set up warnings or not, AND navigate to them.

Hope this helps

BobM
(Apologies for similarity to mesages left eslewhere - the problem has been mentioned in several different threads).
striker73
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there just read your instructions,have not got a clue what to do, just subscribed and downloaded the camara zip file...what do i do....please explain as iam slow Laughing Out Loud!
Laughing
elan2s
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried my instructions (fifth post on previous page of this topic)? Which bits do you not understand? Will be happy to provide more info if I can to help you.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: