Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera Fees - Details
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera Fees - Details
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldfogy
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo wrote:
oldfogy
Yes i will remember my statement because i never break the speed limit if you are coming into a 30mph it doesn’t mean you have to do 30mph i do 23mph and that gives me a good gap
Like I said "Sunday driver"

Jo wrote:
Can you say the same thing i highly doubt it with an attitude like yours
No I admit, I break the law every time I leave my house.

Jo wrote:
i am prepared to never drive again if you catch me doing over 70mph once again the maximum speed limit is 70mph that’s not saying you have to do that you can easily do 60mph and that gives you 10mph to stay within
At least with 60mph on a motorway other drivers have a chance to get past you.
23mph on a "normal" road, (no one has a chance).

Jo wrote:
i think all cars should be restricted to 70mph and that would stop people breaking the speed limit and stop their games
I don't disagree with you on that score.

Jo wrote:
i am not interested if you think people should be aloud to go faster or not as it stands the law says 70mph and that’s what you must be doing otherwise you are committing an offence
"Quote" by Judge Pickles.
The law is an a-s-s.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo wrote:
as it stands the law says 70mph and that’s what you must be doing otherwise you are committing an offence

Hey, Jo's back. How did your driving test go? Have you passed yet? Wink
oldfogy
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
Hey, Jo's back. How did your driving test go? Have you passed yet? Wink
That explains the 23mph in a 30mph. :x

When I was a Driving School Instructor, our saying was:
I can teach you how to drive.
When you pass your test, you will learn how to drive. Wink

Probably why they have those "Green L Plates" Laughing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo wrote:

i think all cars should be restricted to 70mph and that would stop people breaking the speed limit and stop their games
*snip*
as it stands the law says 70mph and that’s what you must be doing otherwise you are committing an offence

This is exactly the point I was trying to get across when I said
Quote:
but who's to say that 70 is safe and 71 isn't?

Your totally devoted, unthinking acceptance of the law, as if it is perfect in all respects, worries me a lot whenever I come across it.
If a law was passed saying all members of "X" religion or racial group should be tattooed or have a cross painted on their door, would you accept that just as uncritically?

Sorry to use such an extreme example, but history is full of people who "only followed the rules".

Beware - You can now be arrested under the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act for carrying any written article that appears to be "politically motivated".
Whatever you have in your pocket - Private Eye, a newspaper clipping or a copy of Orwell's 1984, can now be used by the police as evidence of criminal intent under SOCPA.
This is not supposition, it is already happening. Just think about it for a moment....
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have done a little research wow that’s good you must have to much time on your hands to go digging back into old topics yes i now hold a full license but like i said before i have been driving for years

so what if i had someone else in the car with me that makes no difference i was still a legal driver on the road and had a right to be there

Its people like you that give the speed camera database a bad name and it will be people like you who will one day eventually get this sort of software ban because you are using it for all the wrong reasons

Most people use it for safety but you always got to get them people that choose to abuse it
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Jo wrote:

*snip*

This is exactly the point I was trying to get across when I said
Quote:
but who's to say that 70 is safe and 71 isn't?

Your totally devoted, unthinking acceptance of the law, as if it is perfect in all respects, worries me a lot whenever I come across it.
If a law was passed saying all members of "X" religion or racial group should be tattooed or have a cross painted on their door, would you accept that just as uncritically?

Sorry to use such an extreme example, but history is full of people who "only followed the rules".

Beware - You can now be arrested under the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act for carrying any written article that appears to be "politically motivated".
Whatever you have in your pocket - Private Eye, a newspaper clipping or a copy of Orwell's 1984, can now be used by the police as evidence of criminal intent under SOCPA.
This is not supposition, it is already happening. Just think about it for a moment....

I don’t think the law is perfect but when you get people who clearly no they are breaking the speed limit then something needs to be done about people like this

The amount of people i have seen doing 90-100mph and right up the end of another car the poor people in front would have no chance if they had to break quickly

i have even seen people doing 70mph and another car comes up behind them flashing them and bleeping them to go faster when they are doing the maximum speed limit already for people who choose to intimidate people like this that would be a life time ban and 3 months away this sort of behaviour is totally unacceptable
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, Oldfogey. Having read this topic I realise it's not worth carrying on this discussion. I think "trolling" could be the term used for this situation?
oldfogy
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo wrote:
i have even seen people doing 70mph and another car comes up behind them flashing them and bleeping them to go faster when they are doing the maximum speed limit already for people who choose to intimidate people like this that would be a life time ban and 3 months away this sort of behaviour is totally unacceptable

Again, this happens because "some people" think they own the road, and just because they may be doing 70mph in a outside lane see no reason why they should move over.

Outside lanes are for overtaking only, when the road is clear they should then move back. But some people seem to think it's OK to tootle along at 70mph without a thought to people who may wish to get past.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could we get this back om topic please which is details of the speed camera database fees

thanks

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
oldfogy
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
could we get this back om topic please which is details of the speed camera database fees
thanks
Sorry alix, got carried away.
End of discussion, from me anyway.
missing_user

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jo"]
Yes i will remember my statement because i never break the speed limit if you are coming into a 30mph it doesn’t mean you have to do 30mph i do 23mph and that gives me a good gap
On a driving test that would more than likely fail you!

i am prepared to never drive again if you catch me doing over 70mph once again the maximum speed limit is 70mph that’s not saying you have to do that you can easily do 60mph and that gives you 10mph to stay within
Which lane would you be using at 60mph?

Would you overtake a tractor or horses travelling at 10mph - where there are double white solid lines or would you hold up the traffic behind you?
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How sad are you people needing to dig back into a topic that is over a year and a half old are you really getting that desperate you need to bring up the pass because you cant put a constructive point together without using what i said in the passed against me?

strumble

Double white lines means no over taking and they are there for a reason so theres your answer
Jo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On a driving test that would more than likely fail you!

Ok

Quote:
Which lane would you be using at 60mph?

depends
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:

thanks

It doesn't look as if your instructions (and as a moderator) are being heeded.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone usually ingnores me anyway im used to it Laughing Laughing Laughing

looks like it gone quieter for now Ill be keeping any on it though

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 43 of 44

Jump to: