Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Route 66 Navigate 7 review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Route 66 Navigate 7 review
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Route 66 Navigate 7 review Reply with quote

The name Route 66 conjures up images of driving an open top car across the expanses of America from the East Coast to the West Coast, including one of my favorite drives across the deserts in Arizona...

Route 66 is a full featured navigation system available either as a software only package or full navigation kit including a Bluetooth GPS and car windscreen suction mount.

Route 66 Navigation software is available for Europe and more recently the coverage has expanded to USA and Canada so you can now drive Route 66 using Route 66. In the last few months this has been expanded to include the some of: South America; Middle East; South Africa; China and the Asian Pacific.

Using the renowned Navteq mapping data Route 66 provides a full voice guided navigation system complete with POI integration and lane information.

Users can also add their own POIs which allows you to install the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database. Soon more loadable POI sets will be available from PocketGPSWorld.com.

Click here to read Mike Alder's full review.
Hornyhobbit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean Mike is a published Author ? What with his chairman’s award there will be no living with him. Oh well I will try and sort him out, Guinness usually does the trick Laughing

Seriously though well done keep it up ( if you can at your age) Wink
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt it typical? Just as we publish the Route66 Navigate 7 review Route 66 bring out an update to the software.

This update provides Q1 2006 Navteq mapping data. This has two benefits for users: Full 7 digit UK post codes; and also Full Republic of Ireland mapping.

I have been informed that this will be a free upgrade for all Navigate 7 users.
irishjohn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mikeb

I am sorry to tell you thats not true, I e-mailed route 66 today and this is there reply,
Rolling Eyes
Dear customer,

Because of the enormous amount of map data, ROUTE 66 updates that are
available over the internet only update the software and not the map data.

ROUTE 66 always integrates into its software the latest map data that is
available at the time of the product release.

Kind regards,

Carolina JUBIRCA

ROUTE 66 Customer Support

the data they are using is not q1 2006 it is early 2005 sorry about the bad news

Regards

John
Mikeroute66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Irishjohn,

I am the R66 account manager for UK and Ireland

Firstly I apologise for the helpdesk reply. They are partly right as only the Q1 2006 map data has been used for some territories, Uk and Eire is one of them however.

A small number of products were shipped with Q3 2005 (@200) and of course because of this we are offering a full free upgrade. This includes the speed camera data and 7 digit postcode support,

Mike
jAk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Route 66 Mobile 2005 Reply with quote

Would there be a free upgrade for Mobile 2005 edition?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikeroute66 wrote:

Mike,

I am trying to get a review copy for the US since many moons, so far unsuccessful. Can you help me find the right contact in R66 US ?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Mr_Smiley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Route 66 does not have Q1 2006 maps or 7 digit postcodes Reply with quote

I saw the recent post stating that there was a free upgrade to add 7 digit postcodes and Q1 2006 maps to Route 66 Navigator 7.

So i wrote to Route 66 support and got the following reply

Dear Sir,

1. We kindly ask you to check (in the technical specification list or with the manufacturer of your device) whether your Pocket PC meets the following specifications in order to run our software:

- A free slot for an extra memory card
- Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC operating system or higher
- 16 MB free runtime memory
- Optional: a GPRS internet connection to access up-to-date traffic information (only in case of Windows Mobile for Pocket PC Phone Edition)
- You must have a PC with a USB port, a memory card reader/writer, a memory card (256 MB) and a (wired, Bluetooth, Compact Flash or built-in) GPS receiver to use this product

ROUTE 66 Navigate 7 does not support phones with the Microsoft Windows Mobile Smartphone Operating System.

2. The geographic database used in "ROUTE 66 Navigate 7" contains up-to-date geographic data from Q4-2005.

3. Please note that the ROUTE 66 application does not use the full postcode to search for cities. Please enter a part of the postcode (a 4 digit number) as the search string.

Kind regards,

Mirela MARUNTIS

ROUTE 66 Customer Support

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 4 iulie 2006 03:18
To: support@66.com
Subject: support for gbr

Full ROUTE 66 product name (include type, country, year):Operating system:Your problem:

Hello,

I wonder if you could help me, i am considering your Route 66 Navigator
7 software for the pocket pc. I have just read on;

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=23059

That the product now has 7 digit postcode routing and Q1 2006 map data.

This is mentioned as a free upgrade, but when i look at free upgrades
for this product, nothing is mentioned about the 7 digit postcode.

Does this product no do 7 digit postcodes and have Q1 2006 map data.

Many thanks

Ken

ps, would this product also work on pocket pc 2002 if using a wired gps
receiver ?

So does it or doesn't it ?

Ken Crying or Very sad
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:03 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Irishjohn,

Firstly I apologise for the helpdesk reply. They are partly right as only the Q1 2006 map data has been used for some territories, Uk and Eire is one of them however.

A small number of products were shipped with Q3 2005 (@200) and of course because of this we are offering a full free upgrade. This includes the speed camera data and 7 digit postcode support,

Mike

as ths was posted by Route 66 it should answer your question

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Mr_Smiley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it doesn't Sad

I read the posting you mention, looked at the route 66 webpage and updates but there was no mention of Q1 2006 OR 7 digit postcode support for Route 66 Navigator 7

So i asked route66 support, and included a link to this page, and they state that the maps are not Q1 2006, they are Q4 2005 and the product only supports 4 digit postcode and NOT 7 digit postcodes.

Their reply shown in my posting above.

So who to believe, I'm not doing to purchase it on say so when the official support for route 66 say no it does'nt.

Where is this upgrade obtained because it is not a download on the official site.

The guy above also mentions a free speed camera data, i can't find such an add on anywhere for route 66 Navigator 7

I'm gettin confused 8O

could someone make everything clear please before i change my mind !

Ken
eirlink
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

Just to let you know Q1 2006 IS available in Ireland at present and it does indeed have 100% coverage of the republic..yes 100%!

[ have a look at the mapquest website...they use the latest Navreq maps for ireland so basically this shows an example of coverage.Zoom right in to see what i mean]

I have this on my unit and it is outstanding ( compared to what we were used to )....everyone is talking about it.

Q1 2006 came preloaded on SD on mine but the R66 CD has Q4 2005 on it!
this fact alone may answer some of your queries.I am reliably informed that after july 21 Q1 2006 will be available on CD.
eirlink
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just checked version i have and its

Version 7.0.990

eirlink
Steve101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Route 66 Navigate 7 when it first appeared on the market. The 'only' reason I bought it was because when I looked at the coverage of the UK and Ireland, both countries were in red. This to me said 100% coverage. As indicated by the key underneath.

The coverage map is a sought of laymans terms as to what is covered. Although it also stated Q4 2005 maps were included, that doesn't really mean much to people that don't understand technical specs. Unfortunately I was one of them.

It also said that the product had door to door coverage in the UK and Ireland. Obviously that wan't true either!

The fact that 2 out of the 3 points mentioned said it has complete coverage, was in my opinion false advertising. The fact that Ireland had 'better coverage' than previous map releases doesn't entitle a company to say it has 'full' coverage.

I was not best pleased at being diddled. I think that because of the advertising blunder, an updated copy, ie: Q1/2006 maps should be sent to people that bought the product. As Q1/2006 are the first maps that actually have 100% coverage for Ireland.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve101 wrote:
I think that because of the advertising blunder, an updated copy, ie: Q1/2006 maps should be sent to people that bought the product. As Q1/2006 are the first maps that actually have 100% coverage for Ireland.
Mike from Route 66 has stated this to be the case above in an earlier post, so perhaps an e-mail might be in order to obtain what you should be entitled to - Mike
tiggybear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After checking on Route66' website that my new N80 was compatible I ordered the software. It wouldn't load as it should have done but after an international call to Carolina I managed to get it installed.
HOWEVER it DOES NOT WORK on the N80 at all. The GPS is lost within seconds and the sofware locks up. Another call to Carolina and I was told that there was problems with compatibility with the N80.
A refund was denied to me.
I feel very cheated by Route66 here and yet another rubbish product by Nokia. Nokia used to have good products. What has hapopened with the company?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: