Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Brodit Supply Issues (was HandNav)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Brodit Supply Issues (was HandNav)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Brodit Supply Issues (was HandNav) Reply with quote

Mike,

I can only agree with what you say about consistency. I deal fairly regularly with one of the UK's biggest suppliers of computer related bits. Most of the time, their service is faultless - but when they get it wrong they can get it very wrong.

The sheer honesty prize came when I ordered a keyboard from that company. For some crazy reason, they had ordered US English keyboards for the UK operation. When I complained, they not only told me to keep the keyboard as well as issuing a refund - but to order a replacement from one of their competitors as it would take them a while to sort out the mess!

Meanwhile, I wondered if, by straining hard enough, I could hear the noises of them 'sorting out' the buyer responsible for that mess. I guess they either returned the stock in the warehouse to their wholesaler, or exported it to the States and sold it there.

David
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Brodit Supply Issues (was HandNav) Reply with quote

James,

You are right about Nemisis. They are a distributer for Brodit products in the UK. HandNav are a retailer. In theory if you contact Nemisis they should refer you to Handnav.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

David,

You were obviously lucky/unlucky with your experiences with Handnav/globalpositioningsystems.co.uk my experiences were exactly the opposite.

I think it all depends if a company has stock or not. I dont want to praise or bash any particular supplier here, but with most of the ones I regularly use I get excellent service and really poor service. I was really mad at one company who after advertising stock on the site accepted my order, debited my credit card, then didnt deliver for over 4 weeks, and ignored all my emails. The same company another time sent out goods to reach me next day.

I would really like to see consistancy in customer service. Ideally timely responses and information would be most helpful. There is no reason in this day and age, when a simple email takes a couple of minutes, to have poor Customer Relations.

There again if we as consumers continually drive prices down something has to give, and it normally is not the profit margin!!
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

People's views are mixed - I guess that is normal.

My original post in the thread attempted to be completely factual. It wasn't so much the delay that was annoying - it was the lack of communication and poor customer service. Twice missing a shipping date that they set themselves was not good customer service.

I'm glad to hear from Graeme and James that Handnav can get it right. Unfortunately, both Antonis and Carlos had similar problems to me - and John also had similar problems (I linked to his post in my first contribution to the thread).

Antonis - I can't remember the precise rules, but I'm pretty sure the EU Distance Selling Directive gives you the right to return the now unwanted goods to Handnav. You've put your location as Greece - so both your home country and the seller's country (UK) are in the EU. I can't find an definitive site on the DSD, but this site seems pretty good.

Handnav have a great product range in the Brodit mounts. Hopefully they can improve the ordering experience, as I'm not along in finding them unsatisfactory.

In my case, I placed two orders on the same day. One was with Handnav, the other with globalpositioningsystems.co.uk - who, as this thread shows, usually seem to get things right. I believe they showed exceptional customer care towards me and I know which company of these two I intend to use again.

David
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Ask to speak with Chetan if you haven't already spoken to him.
asot
Occasional Visitor

To continue with my story, yesterday (30/6) I received 3 e-mails from HANDNAV. Two of them were stated that (out of a sudden) the order was shipped!!! and the 3rd was asking sorry for the delay. The thing that made me angry is that a little below the "excuss us e-mail" was my attachement asking for a cancellation of the order (BRODIT Sweden shiiped the goods in no time).

Since HANDNAV in their POLICY page state that

Cancellations and Returns

(i) You may normally cancel your purchase if you notify us either before or within 7 days after delivery

I sent an e-mail saying that the goods would be returned back on arrival and I' m expecting credit back upon receipt of their cancelled order.

Let's see where this thing goes...

Antonis
Carlos
Occasional Visitor

I too wish I had seen this thread before getting involved with HandNav.

I ordered a proclip and active holder for my ipaq. Three days later, a package arrived containing the wrong active holder and no proclip.

I phoned and was told to return the active holder. This I did.

I phoned again last thursday and was told they would ship on that day.

Nothing by today so phoned again. Cue many apologies...they had forgotten to ship!

Have been assured the items will be delivered tomorrow...not holding breath!

Avoid.
jjcarter
Occasional Visitor

Hi all,

Graeme, I totally agree with you, I drive a Peugeot 306 and travel quite extensively. For this reason I bought a Navman GPS from HandNav and it arrived the next day before 12 noon. A week later I decided to order a in-car kit from them too and that arrived on the 3rd day.

Whilst ordering a pro-clip I understood there was a huge range avaiable and up to now I have only come across one company (HandNav) that could provide me with this. In addition to this I have also phoned Nemesis and I have been told that they only take trade enquiries (therefore no help for me!)

Overall I was quite satisfied with the service that I got from them and would definately deal with them in the future.

James
Graeme Simpson
Occasional Visitor

Hi Guys,

I would just like to add my own comments here on this problem, I have used HANDNAV on many occassions in the past and have ALWAYS found them to be reliable and trustworthy, hey they even phone you back within mins of you putting a request on the site.

To be fair to everyone I do know that from a distribution point of view there IS a problem with Pro-Clips especially for the Left Hand drive market.

Prior to dealing with HandNav I was dealing with Nemesis, who I had major problems with, Never responded to emails, when they answered the phone they would tell you someone would ring you back..and they DID'NT, so much so that I in fact contacted "Pocketgps" way back to complain that they were posting Nemesis details and they were not responding to the customer.

The point being that you will always get someone who has had a bad deal somewhere along the line, I just wanted the opportunity to state that "I always use HandNav and find them totally reliable".

I might add that I am in no way associated with either Handnav or Nemesis, simply a customer like everyone else.

Thanks

Graeme
asot
Occasional Visitor

Thanks David

I already contacted Nemesis but they passed my enquiry to Brodit Sweden, who were happy to accept the order and send me the goods (yes, I found the part # at their site).

I ' m expecting the goods next week with UPS, for about the same cost as in the UK, and I'll get back with comments on their quality.

Antonis
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Antonis - try emailing Nemesis GB. They were extremely helpful when I emailed them, and they seem to have a much better reputation than Handnav here in the forums.

You can get the part numbers you need from the Brodit site (if you car is left hand drive, don't forget to select LHD when getting the Proclip number). Then email sales@nemesisgb.com and they should be able to give you a price and availability information. They don't have online ordering - but a fax or phone call will allow you to place your order.

The Brodit mounts are worth the wait!

David
asot
Occasional Visitor

DavidW, I'm only sorry I read your e-mail AFTER placing an order...

I have to submit my experience with HANDNAV

I ordered from them on June 13 a PROCLIP mount (BRODIT) and an active holder for an IPAQ

As usually a confirmation arrived suggesting 5 days (at the maximum) delivery.

The days passed, no e-mail or package arrived. I e-mailed them 4 times, asking for a delivery date and got NO ANSWER at all...

The strange thing is that today I looked at BRODIT.SE site and found that they only suggest NEMESIS as a supplier of their products in UK. Is something strange happening here?

I do not usually make a habit of complaining, and although I had more than 200 transactions over the internet in the last 3 years, this time I really think that I am being given the run around by HANDNAV and would really appreciate a straight answer from them.

Today I sent an e-mail asking for CANCELLING the order adn I'll try another way to get the BRODIT accessories in my hands...

Antonis

Larissa, GREECE
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Whilst I've had no personal apology for the problems I had, I just want to reaffirm how glad I am to see Chetan jumping in to this thread. He's completely changed my opinion of Handnav!

It just goes to show what openness and communication can do. Meanwhile, Dell are going the opposite way - having sat on the order for my new Precision workstation for a week without bothering to do much with it. It's like they don't care for an order for 3200 pounds worth of machine <deep sigh>.

The frustrating thing is when you can't find someone to take ownership of the problem. This is exactly the situation I'm now in with Dell - no line of enquiry I've tried has led to anyone taking ownership.

Chetan taking ownership and participating here has been very helpful for us all. He's shown himself prepared to take ownership of people's problems and to try to resolve them, also he's explained the difficulties surrounding some Brodit orders in a clear way.

Well done Chetan and Handnav!

David
sandman_2ooo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: Handnav... I wish I read the comments in here first =/ Reply with quote

Hi,

Well, I found my ideal IPAQ holder (smartclip & IPAQ 2210 holder) so that I can use everything to navigate whilst on holiday over Xmas. I got the Haicom 204e from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk - very happy with the service (2 days to deliver), and the performance of the GPS itself.

However, I order from handnav 2 weeks ago. I have emailed them twice since then to ask about my order... I need the order to be delivered before the 20th, and I am losing faith that this will happen.

I think maybe this company should be avoided - I don't mind them taking 2-3 weeks to deliver, but not keeping me updated is ridiculous. In addition, I was promised I would recieve the item this week, but I am doubting that this will happen.

Alex

PS - great site.. I have used to quite alot, but this is the first time I have felt the urge to post!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: