Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Worth upgrading from v3 to v5?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Worth upgrading from v3 to v5?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Worth upgrading from v3 to v5? Reply with quote

I have Navigator 3 with European maps. I use it on a SPV m2000 and find it a fairly unstable application - it constant ly freezes on me or takes forever to redraw the map, not sure if this is to do with bluetooth or some problem accessing the SD card, though I'm only using 16MB London map.

I was wondering is v5 less stable or more stable than v3? And where can you get detailed info on all the features? I'm mainly interested in it for pedestrian and bycycle use. It seems from the TomTom site you have to wait until the 2nd quarter before you can upgrade it, which seems a bit strange. There is probably a v6 coming at some stage but doesn't look like it will be available for a while.
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have your setup but believe that V5 is stable. However, I would wait now until the next update is available as this is usually at a reduced price. I think that the next release will probably be about Mayish so that is not too far away, however, there has been no confirmation of this.
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
mshah
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting a new PDA and may need to upgrade my Navigator 3 to version 5 (v3 runs quite stable on my Ipaq 5550 so I didn't upgrade). I can't find the upgrade option on the TomTom website. Is it still available? I can't imagine them taking this option off.

If I wait for v6 will I be entitled to upgrade from v3 to v6? Thanks
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mshah
I’m afraid that you are miles too late for the upgrade offer from V3 to V5, that offer expired ages ago.
As for upgrading from V3 to V6, well, we don’t even know if or when V6 will be on sale yet alone the option to upgrade.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G
mshah
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that sux big time. Was there an option upgrade from v2 to v5? If there was then may be I'm in luck for v6.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes when v5 was launched owners of v2 and 3 uk could upgrade to v5 european maps whether this is repeated this year is anyones guess

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
Crocodile
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Worth upgrading from v3 to v5? Reply with quote

MarkH wrote:
I have Navigator 3 with European maps. I use it on a SPV m2000 and find it a fairly unstable application - it constant ly freezes on me or takes forever to redraw the map, not sure if this is to do with bluetooth or some problem accessing the SD card, though I'm only using 16MB London map.

I was wondering is v5 less stable or more stable than v3? And where can you get detailed info on all the features? I'm mainly interested in it for pedestrian and bycycle use. It seems from the TomTom site you have to wait until the 2nd quarter before you can upgrade it, which seems a bit strange. There is probably a v6 coming at some stage but doesn't look like it will be available for a while.
I've run V3 on an XDA2s (wired) & V5 on an M2000 (bluetooth) without the problems you describe. Are you running the last V3.07? If not, this is still available for download from Tom Tom so may be worth a try.
mshah
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An official reply back from TomTom:

Thank you for your question regarding updated maps.TomTom is an innovative company that always strives to lead the way in supplying the latest updates and technology. We therefore supply an annual upgrade program wherein all of our TomTom customers are offered the opportunity to purchase the latest upgrade version plus the maps at a reduced price. All registered TomTom users will be kept informed about future releases and upgrades. The upgrade for the Navigator3 to Navigator5 has expired. We will however be providing updates in the third quarter of this year.

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team
---

We're already currently in the 3rd quarter of this year so the most I'll have to wait is 2 and bit months. Glad TomTom will allow me to upgrade to v6 otherwise I would have gone with some other software. I didn't realise their upgrade program was for a limited period only otherwise I would have upgraded in the first place. Thanks for the help and thumbs up to TomTom for their quick response.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: