Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can I wipe the Aldi/Medion Memory cards?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I wipe the Aldi/Medion Memory cards?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cloudzilla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Can I wipe the Aldi/Medion Memory cards? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm also an extremely pleased customer of the ALDI deal for the Medion PocketPC - and these forums have been a great help in learning about the device....

But now the questions!

Firstly, the two supplied SD/MMC cards, one contains all of the UK and part of Europe, the other contains South UK and another part of Europe - and the CD's with the package seem to include all of these maps as well. My question is can I wipe both the cards when I'm not using the SatNav software and use them as general storage, then re-create them later?

Secondly, I don't think the SD slot is an SDIO slot - can anyone confirm this? I'd like to buy a SD 802.11b card for starters - which'd only work in an SDIO slot.

Many thanks, Pete
Coupe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I've deleted one of the cards and put on a load of my MP3's, Pocket Quake (excellent) and a few other bits and pieces. I've also generated my own UK map and replaced the one on the other card which has left room for the POI warner, a couple of GPS utilities, all my emails, spreadhsheets etc for work.
Excellent bit of kit, absolute bargain. :D
vicky
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The easiest way is just to make a copy the card you want to wipe to a folder on your PC, that way if you want to restore it in the future you can just copy it back to the card at any time,

There really is no pint in having both cards in standard use,

In my case I have the Medion software for UK and MREurope on one card and my TomTom Maps of the USA on the second,

Even if you destroy the backup on your PC you can restire it from the orginal CDs at any point

Regards

Victoria
cloudzilla
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, just what I've done.

Now, do I want to spend 30Euros on POI Warner just to know where the closest Burger King is. Hmmm. I suppose it could be an emergency and I needed to find one as soon as possible. :D

The satnav was great today - and copes really well when you ignore it and decide to go a slightly different way. My only issue is that the best place to mount the PDA in my TT is on the front of the drivers door window - and twice I've forgotten to disconnect the cable when opening the door!

Pete
druck
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cloudzilla wrote:
The satnav was great today - and copes really well when you ignore it and decide to go a slightly different way. My only issue is that the best place to mount the PDA in my TT is on the front of the drivers door window - and twice I've forgotten to disconnect the cable when opening the door!

I've managed to get mine fairly neet in the RX8 as you can see [urlhttp://rx8ownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=710]here[/url].

Cheers
---Dave
druck
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats this about not being able to edit posts? :x

The URL again

Cheers
---Dave
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been raised by a number of posters and we are looking at introducing the edit facility Smile

Nice car btw, if you are looking for a neater mounting solution, Brodit have a mount for the Mitac (Medion Clone) although you'd need to check if they have a ProClip for an RX8.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: