Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera Database available to CoPilot Live users!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera Database available to CoPilot Live users!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Safety Camera Database available to CoPilot Live users! Reply with quote

We have some good news for CoPilot Live users! The PocketGPSWorld.com Safety Camera Database is now available for CoPilot Live users! We have also extensively re-worked the Safety Camera page to make it easier to see and download the latest version, and have also created individual pages with detailed instructions for how to install the database with each application. For more information check out the Safety Camera page or the new CoPilot Live Instructions page. Beware though, this isn't for the faint hearted!
TimB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dave

Congratulations on the improvement to the speed camera page.
Putting up the file in .csv format has certainly made life a little easier.

You might mention next time you update the page that, along with the software listed, the data base can easily be put into Memory-Map as waypoints by converting the .csv file in excel and renaming it as a .mxf file.

Similarly travel-i can use your database and the conversion comes free with their download.

I use both satisfactorily. Memory map is good for a visual indication and travel-i for the alarms. It is surprising, if you drive by a camera regularly, how easy it is to forget it. It only takes one relapse!

Your GOOD work is always appreciated - Happy Christmas.

Tim
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tim, we'll have to look at them and create some detailed instructions. I'll get Mike to check Memory-Map.
clarem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Shouldn't the .csv file in step 5 be a .xls file as only the .xls file will result in the screenshots in step 7 and 8 being displayed.

Regards,

Mike.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good spotting, I've amended that.
clarem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

I can't get the Custom->Custom to appear as per instruction 6 of your CoPilot Live instructions for importing the Safety Camera Database. Sad I have re-installed many times and tried the patch on the ALK website. The "Category" "Custom" will only display "of Type" "All Types" (in triangle brackets). I am using version 4.0.4.62. Use of any other Category results in the desktop version of CoPilot crashing in various ways (as I am sure you are aware). Any ideas? What version did you get it to work with?

Regards,

Mike.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, the version I am running is 4.0.4.62 too, so there shouldn't be any difference here. I would contact ALK UK support and see what they have to say. When I select Category Custom and of Type Custom is the only option I get.

Try All Types and see if that makes any difference.
clarem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, using "All Types" imports, but when selecting "Tools->Manage Custom Places..." CoPilot just bombs out. Also the download to my iPAQ doesn't report the Custom POIs as expected. Tried asking ALK before Christmas but no response as yet (but I suppose everyone is on holidays).
Has anyone else managed to get the Custom Custom import to work?

Mike.
clarem
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success! :D The missing "Custom" -> "Custom" only seems to happen after a fresh re-install of the CoPilot Live desktop version. A work around (for anyone else that sees this problem) is to import just one speed camera position as "Custom" -> "All Types" after having edited the database in Excel and deleting all but the first row. Then when you try and import the PocketGPS Speed Camera Database, lo-and-behold, the "Custom" -> "Custom" option re-appears (you may need to select a different category and the re-select "Custom" for the sub-category "Custom" to re-appear though). You can the just overwrite the one previous custom POI entry and all then works OK.

Mike.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may explain why I'm not seeing the All Types then. I will forward this onto ALK as they may not be aware of this bug.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: