Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Destinator 6 TMC Question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Destinator 6 TMC Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Destinator 6 TMC Question Reply with quote

Hi,

Recently bought Destinator 6 to replace Navigon Vn4 and am happy with the GPS side of things, however I have not been able to set up TMC (free version) to show any reports. Auto detect does not detect any channels but manual allows selection of a number of stations. Navigon uses Classic (ITIS) to receive broadcast but I suspect that Destinator uses Trafficmaster/RAC so in Central Scotland I suspect that is (Chrysalis) XFM Scotland. Anybody had any luck with TMC on Destinator 6?

Beep

PS This has also been posted on TMC forum but as yet no responses so thought I would try asking the same question here.
Petekk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prior to D6 release, I understood the situation to be that the standard version suported "free" TMC - i.e as is avaliable in some countries (not the UK), and that the new "traficsam" version would provide "pay TMC" i.e as avaliable as a premium service in Germany/France etc - or the only varient avaliable in the UK (i.e Itis and TM are both pay TMC services)

I have asked Destinator Support if TMC in the UK is supported by the standard version (i.,e without trafficsam) and received the following response.

Quote:
Destinator 6 supports also the standard version of TMC in the UK. You can purchase TrafficSam additionally and it will provide you with more detailled data about traffic jams as well as immediate information as soon as the traffic jams clear up. The advantage is that TrafficSam collects data from installed stations and not from i.e. radio stations. The fee will be roundabout 60? and this is for a lifetime.

This now makes little sense? i.e Are both running from iTis / or TM & Itis combined? What are "installed stations and not from i.e local stations"? Any one else have some info.,
Petekk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New reply from Destinator:

Quote:
Destinator 6 is available without Traffic Sam as well. The standart TMC is dependently to the free TMC Radio Stations which are currently not available in UK. You have to contact the www.trafficmaster.co.uk to get TMC messages in UK.

Do not hesitate to conctact us in case of further questions.

I suspect that the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing.

It seems that you need the Trafficsam version for the UK!!! Which does not yet appear to have a release date!!!!
Beep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Petekk. As you were posting the second response from Destinator I was receiving the same reply, almost word for word, suggesting I contact Trafficmaster. I will post back any more details I receive.
chippie_w
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I received Navigator 6 yesterday and installed it on my Eten G500 which has inbuilt GPS & TMC receiver.

Went into the setup and set both GPS & TMC to receive on port 4 speed 38400. TMC set to autoscan

GPS locked on but TMC scanning FM channels but no input.
Then i remember reading somewhere that you have to plug your earphones in to act as an aerial.
Voila starting receiving Traffic reports.
These will be the same as you receive via RDS, not as many or updated live like Traffic Master, but its better than nothing and free!! :D

Regards

Chippy
Petekk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what country are you in?

Is this the standard or the trafficsam version?
Beep
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteKK

I'm in UK, Central Scotland, using standard version.
This is a cross posting with http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=41148
ysurya
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just upgraded my DPN5 to D6. The TMC was working perfectly well in DPN5. However, when I installed D6, it does not show any TMC option. I did select the TMC option during installation.

Embarassed

Can anyone advise me any possible solution.

Thanks
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ysurya

copy the tmc.cab from C:\DestinatorApps\Installer\Console\2577\WM5\TMC or C:\DestinatorApps\Installer\Console\2577\PPC2003\TMC on your PDA and execute it.

If you have on TMC options within D6 look in Destinator.ini and set your options with the editor.
ysurya
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks TheRock

I tried your suggested method and its done. However, in the TMC menu, it only gives two options, i.e. 1) search - automatic / manual, and 2) avoid - automatic / manual. It does not ask for the radius, message types, etc.
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ysurya wrote:
thanks TheRock

I tried your suggested method and its done. However, in the TMC menu, it only gives two options, i.e. 1) search - automatic / manual, and 2) avoid - automatic / manual. It does not ask for the radius, message types, etc.

They removed this options in D6 from the menu, cause it confused to many users.
You still can set them in the destinator.ini
ysurya
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help TheRock

I have done the required settings in the ini file

Cheers!
bubbah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: help with gps settings on my fone Reply with quote

I have version 9 of destinator that installs fine on my motosurf a3100 winMobile6.1 phone and accepts USA and EU maps with aplomb, however I am flummoxed how to use it to turn on and use the inboard GPS radio on my device. Any ideas ?? Google Maps works fine and sets com0 4800 ...do I need to set up some other way? If I do, will it mess up google maps or does it accept several specs?

---TIA !!
bubbah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MORE DETAILS, there is an application in the phone settings titled 'external gps' that has settings IN THE FIRST TAB "PROGRAMS" for GPS PROGRAM PORT which is the "port programs use to obtain GPS data" with choices com 0-9 or GPD 1-9 (I don't know what GPD is). Since there is a SECOND TAB "HARDWARE" which has NONE selected and Baud rate 4800 which "specifies the hardware port to which the GPS device is connected" and finally ACCESS TAB only having a checkbox to "manage GPS automatically" saying this allows multiple programs to obtain GPS data simultaneously. ...what do I need to get the destinator app to "see" the GPS?? Google maps (as well as Bing and other stuff) have a "turn on GPS radio" item in the menus ...do I need to tell the GPS to turn on? I tried turning on in google maps and running destinator9 simultaneously...no joy! hellllp !!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: