Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I've just bought one! Help!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I've just bought one! Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickw8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:50 am    Post subject: I've just bought one! Help! Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
Hello! I've just won a Medion GPS on Ebay and am getting it for Christmas. It was this forum that made my mind up in the end! I've never owned a PDA before, but need the GPS for my work. The only thing is, I can't find any websites with info on the model/software. How the hell does it work? Do you scroll around the map and just tap where you want to go or is it done by place name entry/postcode? Also, is it easy to set up? I hope I've made the right choice!

Any help gratefully received! Nick - I paid £345 by the way - post included!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope your ebay package is immaculate. Make sure the package has not been opened before. Otherwise you may have problems activating the product.

If you want to get used to some of the functionality please visit the Navigon web site at http://www.navigon.de/english/index.html - there is also an online demo.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the world of GPS Thumbs Up The Medion package is a good bundle and you'll not be dissappointed. To select a destination you just enter a menu and choose the City/Town and Street, once done it will calculate a route from your current location and that's all there is to it!

You'll be pleased to here that the maps are some of the latest available which is great considering its price. We're still awaiting a review unit but there are already a number of enthusiastic Medion owners in the forum who can help if you have any specific queries, don't be afraid to ask a question, we're a friendly bunch Smile
Nickw8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the speedy replies! I'll be keeping an eye on the forum for useful tips. I just have to wait until Christmas now!

Thanks to you both,

Nick :D
dejongj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
Let's hope your ebay package is immaculate. Make sure the package has not been opened before. Otherwise you may have problems activating the product.

If you want to get used to some of the functionality please visit the Navigon web site at http://www.navigon.de/english/index.html - there is also an online demo.

It's a good point, but luckily you won't have that problem as this is a special version of Navigon made for Medion which does not require activating. So even when it has been opened, no worries...

It is a really good package...Easy to use, don't worry about it and just wait until you actually have it, you'll see it is straight forward. If you can read English you can use it...
Nickw8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:o
Hello again,

I have cancelled my Ebay purchase. I popped into ALDI in Plymouth today, to see there were four PDAs still left! And what's more, they went to their stock room and bought me a fresh one out. So they must have atleast four units remaining! I cancelled the order as the seller couldn't provide a receipt. I'll have to pay the seller's costs - but I decided I need that warranty!

I couldn't believe they still had some! They're going on Ebay for £400 a time now!

So if anyone is still searching....

Glad to say I have one in a sealed box right next to me now. It looks brilliant! Just 25days until my girlfriend lets me break the seal!

Hope the stock info is of use to someone (that isn't looking for a profit!)

Nick

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: