Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SOC CF card and Destinator 3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SOC CF card and Destinator 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgpsfan1000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: SOC CF card and Destinator 3 Reply with quote

Dave,

Thank you for the treasure of information provided here. I would like to ask a couple of questions.
I have iPaq 2210 and I would like to buy the SOC CF card and either the detinsator or the copilot software. My questions are:

1-Has the problem with the SOC CF card i.e lagging period being sorted or is it still an issue?
2- If I buy a CF GPS receiver will this compromise the options of which software to buy i.e does any of the destinator or copilot use the compact flash port as a memory expansion port to load the maps and the software? in the Power loc site there is a notion saying that "Only CF (CompactFlash) cards are supported - 2210 model's Bluetooth Manager does NOT support the SD (Secure Digital) card and Bluetooth GPS"
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lagging problem is really down to user perception, on how they think how accurate GPS should be. However saying that, there were some bad laggers in early firmware versions which SysOnChip told me they had fixed and all future cards went out with a newer fixed firmware, one of which I had received.

Any lagging that is now seen is down to XTrac and you will see a little lag, but in most cases if you're not hard accelerating or hard decelerating you won't notice much of a difference. The problem is mainly exagerated by having applications like Street Nav apps snap you to what they think is the closest road, and when you have a lot of roads in close proximity, this can cause problems. Check out the Xtrac article we have at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/xtracornoxtrac.php

XTrac really is better when at slow speeds on foot rather than in Street Nav scenario's, but personally I don't have a problem with Xtrac when I'm driving! Like I said it's mainly down to user perception. If you don't think you'll like XTrac, either purchase a dual ST/XT model or go for a regular GPS.

I have had no problems with Destinator 2 or 3 running either on SD card, or with a Bluetooth GPS. Works fine for me.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: