Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Spare lead needed for Medion GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Spare lead needed for Medion GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ourmike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Spare lead needed for Medion GPS Reply with quote

Hi everybody, this is my first posting here so hello from me.

I have a Medion PDA/GPS system from Aldi and my dog has eaten one of the leads. Evil or Very Mad Embarassed It's the three-way lead that connects the lighter plug, the GPS receiver and the PDA, and he's mangled the flat plug that goes into the PDA. Medion say I'll probably have to buy a complete GPS unit for £90 but they won't have any until 24/11. I've tried looking on some of the sites advertised on this site but can't see what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?

PS: The dog has started wandering around gazing up at the sky, and won't listen to me unless I say things like "Prepare to sit in 100 yards; Please sit at the kerb; Now sit."
harry66
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try contacting RoyalTek direct
http://www.royaltek.com/proditem.asp?hotitem=yes&hid=1

Or even search for RoyalTek sellers in the UK - they may have the same lead for the Asus - which I understand is what the Medion PDA is based on.

If you do find one please post back here.
Thanks
ourmike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Harry for pointing me in the right direction. I couldn't find just the cable so I've had to order the antenna kit from GPS Warehouse (www.gpsw.co.uk) for £80. I hope it's the right one because I spoke to two 'salesmen' there and they had both never heard of Medion, but the product description said it was right and it should be here tomorrow.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For reference, the Medion PocketPC is manufactured by Mitac. It is closest to a Mitac Mio 339. This may help if you need to source any accessories for the unit although I understand Medion UK will be selling additional GPS Kits, mounting brackets etc should you wish to simplify installation in a second vehicle as well as additional country map sets.
ourmike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I later had a phone call from GPS Warehouse to say they didn't have any of the kits in stock (even though their system said they did) and didn't know when they would get some. The people at Royal Tek told me the cable was the same as the one for the Mitac Mio 338 and suggested I get in touch with Memory Map (www.memory-map.co.uk). They were able to supply just the cable for £40, which I have now received and fitted.

Many thanks for the advice.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most retailers don't supply just the cables mainly due to not being able to make much money on these. They are a low sale item and they can't boost the prices much on these. You'll find the same with many GPS Receivers like the Leadtek's etc.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: