Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Origin B2 How to test the laser detector?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Origin B2 How to test the laser detector?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Origin B2 How to test the laser detector? Reply with quote

Is there an easy way to test the B2's laser alert?

How do you verify its working?
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buck,

There is no easy way of testing a B2’s Laser Alert. To be honest I wouldn’t bother because the vast majority of the time, once the alert has gone off your speed has been checked and if you’re over the limit you will have already been caught. Crying or Very sad

There are some ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Readers) that are stationed on main roads and motorways which can set off the laser alert on my Bel 550 radar detector. There’s an ANPR on one of the first gantries of the M27 that sets off my Bel’s laser alert, every time I return from Bournemouth, just after the A31 turns into the M27.

The alternative is to pop into Wales (especially the Welsh part of the M4). You will have a good chance of having a genuine laser trap check you speed. Gun Shoot Out

If you are really concerned about laser speed traps then consider a Laser Diffuser like the LRC 100.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always find the Bel 550 always triggers on the M27 bridge between J3 and J4 Eastbound, there's a camera in each of the three lanes. However the Road Angel won't trigger at all with the Laser Alert, but you can trigger the Road Angel by using an InfraRed Remote sometimes.

Again I wouldn't want to risk my license on a laser detector or laser jammer. If you can drop a couple mph which takes you under the limit, then you're okay in the time you hear the alarm go off, but if you're like 10mph over the speed limit, you'll probably be caught over the speed limit.
buckrogers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:55 pm    Post subject: Origin B2 Laser Testing Reply with quote

FYI the B2 can be easily triggered with a TV remote, it can be done stationary and is good enough to test that the unit works electrically. I tested mine in my driveway.

Personally the reason for pursuing this is that anything that keeps the driver aware or gives them and edge has to be worth it.

In my locality people are getting NIPs for doing 33 in a 30 limit. I know of couples, who in the past have never had even so much as a parking fine, finding themselves on 6 points each!

Now money is being earned directly by the police, corruption is sure to follow, who is to say that your next NIP is genuine!

Lets hope someone comes up with a good, cheap garage-door opener.
Dang
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your phone uses infra red you can send a contact via infra-red and it detects "laser" on the screen Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: