Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Possible download problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible download problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EQtomtom300 wrote:
Hi Mike/Rob,

Is there any news on the solution to this yet as i still encounter the messages above when i try to download the database.

Cheers

EQ

Hi EQ,

I'm afraid there is no further progress on this at present. Are you still unable to download despite the work-rounds?
EQtomtom300
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:
EQtomtom300 wrote:
Hi Mike/Rob,

Is there any news on the solution to this yet as i still encounter the messages above when i try to download the database.

Cheers

EQ

Hi EQ,

I'm afraid there is no further progress on this at present. Are you still unable to download despite the work-rounds?

Hi Rob,

Cheers for getting back to me,

For a short term result, i have managed to access this site from another PC and i am able to download the databases that way round.

There must be either something wrong with my IE settings or something because i have completely un-installed my firewall and still cannot access the database downloads from my home pc. I still get the message exactly as displayed earlier.

I'll try some other things and if they still don't work they i may have to rely on a complete format and cleaning session and fingers crossed that works otherwise its a lot of hassle for nothing.

Oh well, we can but try.

Laters

EQ
PIIVXT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using Safari on a Mac and have started to encounter download problems this month only.......

Any ideas.....?
cptjamest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Please enlighten me Reply with quote

EQtomtom300 wrote:
Hi Rob,

Tried both of the posts above mate and still no luck.

I can get to the download database screen and then select the one i want no problem.

The save dialog box then appears then once i press save or open i get an error message.

The message reads as such ""Internet Explorer cannot download downloadcameras.php?idPackage=2 from www.pocketgpsworld.com

Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet file. The requested site is either not available or cannot be found.

Please try later"""

I have a screendump of this also if you want just let me know and i'll fire it across to you.

I am running zonealarm and i have tried both with this up and down and still no joy.

I'm running IE6 fully updated with all service packs also.

Any ideas??

EQ

Did you ever get a fix for this as I have exactly the same problem and have tried everything I can think or or that has been suggested els.
Thanks James T
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PIIVXT wrote:
I am using Safari on a Mac and have started to encounter download problems this month only.......

Any ideas.....?

Hi and welcome to the forums. Looks as if I lost my alerts to this thread! Sorry for the delay Embarassed

Safari will not download the database but FireFox latest build will.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Please enlighten me Reply with quote

cptjamest wrote:
EQtomtom300 wrote:
Hi Rob,

Tried both of the posts above mate and still no luck.

I can get to the download database screen and then select the one i want no problem.

The save dialog box then appears then once i press save or open i get an error message.

The message reads as such ""Internet Explorer cannot download downloadcameras.php?idPackage=2 from www.pocketgpsworld.com

Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet file. The requested site is either not available or cannot be found.

Please try later"""

I have a screendump of this also if you want just let me know and i'll fire it across to you.

I am running zonealarm and i have tried both with this up and down and still no joy.

I'm running IE6 fully updated with all service packs also.

Any ideas??

EQ

Did you ever get a fix for this as I have exactly the same problem and have tried everything I can think or or that has been suggested els.
Thanks James T

Hi James, welcome to the forums.

No, I'm afraid not - it's very strange. We cannot think what the problem might be. Anybody else out there that has come across this problem? How did you overcome it?

Just to make 100% sure, did you read the FAQs?
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=35213
cptjamest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Please enlighten me Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:

Hi James, welcome to the forums.

No, I'm afraid not - it's very strange. We cannot think what the problem might be. Anybody else out there that has come across this problem? How did you overcome it?

Just to make 100% sure, did you read the FAQs?
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=35213

Yes I have been looking for several days now and trying every tip I could find but nothing has worked so far. It's fortunate that you where kind enough to email me the database but I would really like to solve the problem so I can download the individual files and also for future upgrades as and when I need them.
Thanks again for your help.
cptjamest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EQtomtom300 wrote:
Hi Rob,

The save dialogue box then appears then once i press save or open i get an error message.

Please try later"""

EQ

I have after much searching found the answer to this problem Smile
It lies within IE's advanced settings...........
Open IE click "Tools - Internet Options - Advanced" then scroll down to an item under the 'Security' list "do not save encrypted files to disk" un-tick this and the files will download just fine. 8)
James T
win1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Cant download speedcamra data to my Navman icn 550 Reply with quote

Could you help please iv'e tried I.explorer but my system runs on firefox when I go into POI editor on smartST Desktop it says unknown file format and then when iv'e unzipped program it says "cannot open file J:\My Document\courier business\cam\pgpsw-speed-cams.zip." I'm pulling my hair out can you help please? Rolling Eyes
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POI Editor no longer works with the database. Click on speed cameras on the left of this page and scroll down to find a list of sat nav units. Click on your unit (you do not say in your post what it is). Full instructtions will come up as to how to download and instal the database.

But you do need to be s subscriber to get the database
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Cant download speedcamra data to my Navman icn 550 Reply with quote

win1 wrote:
it says "cannot open file J:\My Document\courier business\cam\pgpsw-speed-cams.zip."
You have to Unzip the Download first, then point the POIEdit at the Unzipped Files, which in your case should be ASC Files.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
hcl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to the above postings.

I believe the problems encountered, which may seem to be rather similar (both with Firefox and IE), are down to individual user's settings (and applications loaded) on their particular machine(s).

This is the reason wy it is seemingly impossible to resolve. It is a particular set of circumstances - the applications interacting with each other and Windows, as well as a particular configuration of settings as well as certan elements of the registr being involved as a consequence, that is causing the problem(s).

It is precisely because each individual user has their own indiviual setup that the problem exists in the first place that makes the problem difficult to solve.

It would need EVERY user to compile a list of EVERY Application on their computer along with version(s) and settings and a LONG list of the Registry and the memory dump at the time of the attempted download to enable an EXTREMELY good systems analyst/programmer to find the hidden, common, link.

Let's face it, it isn't going to happen, unless Mr Gates decides to devote some of his retirement towards solving it - and as he no doubt uses a Chauffer he can afford to ignore the problem.

In short, we're stuffed!
Sorry guys!
curtmate
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

çould anyone help me. i am trying to download the safety cameras onto my tomtom one and its teling me "decompression failed" as a zip file and it will not open..i am using a Mac. is this a problem?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using Stuffit. Dragging and dropping the zip File on to it seems to work.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
armoore
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Try using Stuffit. Dragging and dropping the zip File on to it seems to work.

I've subscribed today and Safari would not work when trying to download latest files, decompression failure. So opened up with Netscape and downloaded file (speed zones) but it is only 172 kilobytes, that cannot be correct surely. Opens with Stuffit but only the licence agreement is there. What am I doing wrong? Using Mac G5 and latest Garmin POIloader. Garmin c310.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: