Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 910 speed limit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 910 speed limit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbproject21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: TomTom 910 speed limit Reply with quote

A lot of people complain that many of the speed limit signs displayed are inaccurate (i.e. displaying 30 in a 40 mile ph zone!!).

Is there an option to remove them or are they a permanent feature?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately they are a permanent feature. We warned TomTom that this would bomb but they preferred not to listen.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
hegedusa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom 910 speed limit Reply with quote

mbproject21 wrote:
A lot of people complain that many of the speed limit signs displayed are inaccurate (i.e. displaying 30 in a 40 mile ph zone!!).

Is there an option to remove them or are they a permanent feature?

What speed limit signs? How do these come up? I haven't got them. Is this for some country other than the UK?

Thanks
Anthony
eddie_vincent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The speed limit is displayed after the current speed e.g. 36/40.

It is not available for many roads so perhaps you just haven't driven on a road to which it applies or perhaps you haven't opted to have the current speed dispayed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hegedusa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddie_vincent wrote:
The speed limit is displayed after the current speed e.g. 36/40.

It is not available for many roads so perhaps you just haven't driven on a road to which it applies or perhaps you haven't opted to have the current speed dispayed.

Ah thanks... yes I do have the speed displayed, but I haven't driven too much with it yet. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Thanks again
Anthony
cupra
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe they haven't included an option to turn this off!
The flashing red indicator all the time is driving me mad!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in theory you are driving madly - it goes red when you exceed the speed limit and flashes when you exceed it madly!! Today has been my first day of use and it did my head in - not the red, which was wrong because they had the speed limit wrong (30 should have been 40, so it flashed at me at 37mph) what does my head in is the double display - 28/30 just adds clutter. I never intentionally speed, so didn't expect to see it. But it is SOOOO inaccurate it's outrageous. I've driven less than 100 miles today and I believe at least 75% was wrong. Combination of nothing displayed and plain wrong speed displayed.
Anyway, this may not trouble me for too long. I got my 910 on Friday May 5th, took it back for exchange on Saturday, went back to get the mount working Sunday, went back and exchanged again this evening (Monday). If this third one doesn't work properly I'll be going for a refund and go back to my Go 700.
From what I've read in these forums, Tom Tom don't have much of a reputation for after sales service/support and my own experience of their replies to my queries over this have just added to that.[/quote]

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: