Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 910 with Bluetooth Equiped Car Stereo (Help Appreciated)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

910 with Bluetooth Equiped Car Stereo (Help Appreciated)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: 910 with Bluetooth Equiped Car Stereo (Help Appreciated) Reply with quote

Hi

I am looking at connecting the 910 to my car stereo for outputing audio thru the car speakers,

Car is fitted with a JVC unit and it will cost £30 for the adaptor!

Just had a look in my local Maplins, and they have on clearance, some no brand Car CD/MP3 player, it has Bluetooth built in so oyu can pair it with your mobile phone and get phone calls thru the radio,

It does not have any external input for the TT910, but it does also have Bluetooth Streo Headset profile, so my question is, do you think this would work with the 910?. Could I set up the 910 to output music and speech to external bluetooth speakers, if it works it would save extra cables etc,

They are doing the stereo for £79 on clearance, so there is a chance it will work, I will gove it a go,

Anyone played with a system like this yet, or am I going to be the first to mess it up!

Cheers

Richard
PatC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 910 with Bluetooth Equiped Car Stereo (Help Appreciated) Reply with quote

Flashyphotos wrote:
It does not have any external input for the TT910, but it does also have Bluetooth Streo Headset profile, so my question is, do you think this would work with the 910?. Could I set up the 910 to output music and speech to external bluetooth speakers, if it works it would save extra cables etc,

I don't know the answer, but I would guess that the stereo unit would not expect to receive input from a headset profile. So, I guess the question is whether the 910 could be paired as if it was a phone.

The only way to know for sure would be to ask them to hook one up to power in the shop, take your 910 along and try it. I doubt they would have a problem doing this provided the shop wasn't too busy.
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

No its the Stereo That has Headset Profile (That is it works as a headset, albeit thru the car speakers, for a bluetooth device transmitting a stereo output),

I think the 910 can do this for music, that is transmit the MP3s etc for output thru a device, I am just not sure

As for trying it, they only have the one in Maplins and are not willing to go that route, they do have a 14 day return so I can buy it and if it does not work return it, just a lot of hassle ripping the original stereo out of the car etc,

I just hoped someone may have already tried the 910 with a set of Bluetooth SPeakers or Stereo BLuetooth headphones to see if it works

Cheers

Richard
PatC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashyphotos wrote:

No its the Stereo That has Headset Profile (That is it works as a headset, albeit thru the car speakers, for a bluetooth device transmitting a stereo output),

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant the stereo driving a headset (although thinking about it, that would be rather pointless).

Flashyphotos wrote:

As for trying it, they only have the one in Maplins and are not willing to go that route, they do have a 14 day return so I can buy it and if it does not work return it, just a lot of hassle ripping the original stereo out of the car etc,

Could you not just temporarily hook up power and an old speaker or two to test it out? Even buying a pair of cheap speakers has to be better than ripping the old unit out - and you could presumably return those in 14 days too.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: