Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New GB Map Errors!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New GB Map Errors!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkingslider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your idea of removing the road but that could cause problems if you only wanted to remove part of it.

All you would need to do is drive down the new road to get the points because the unit would know where exactly you were. Press the 'start' button when you leave the road it already knows about and then press 'stop' when you reach the next road it knows about. Okay you might not get the finer detail but at least it could then use that road as an option.

What do you reckon?
mrgubby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought myself a nice shiney new Tomtom One

Only to find my 12 year old house doesn't exist and a large chunk of the A10 (my prefered route into London) is missing. I had a look at the map dates on the memory card and they are 28/8/05 8O . Logged an email support call with Tomtom to only get the reply that I will have to contact them in writing as my 'problem' cannot be resolved using email. I'm certain that the AA wouldn't sell me a 2005 road atlas in a 2006 cover Crying or Very sad
garyparson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone with a new TomTom (910 etc) know if the new A5 to Tamworth that runs alongside the old A51 is on the newer maps? Always slightly annoying when you go down this road and it thinks you're driving through a field!
JimmyTheHand
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgubby wrote:
a large chunk of the A10 (my prefered route into London) is missing. I had a look at the map dates on the memory card and they are 28/8/0

The Wadesmill/Colliers End Bypass by any chance? It seems strange that is missing when it opened in Oct 04 and was going to open Dec 03 - yet the Baldock Bypass is on the maps, but didn't open until just recently
mrgubby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimmyTheHand wrote:

The Wadesmill/Colliers End Bypass by any chance? It seems strange that is missing when it opened in Oct 04 and was going to open Dec 03 - yet the Baldock Bypass is on the maps, but didn't open until just recently

Thats the bit of the A10 , just can't understand why its missing .

I live in Baldock so know the bypass & they've got it wrong as well .......
8-Ball
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a TT500 a couple of weeks ago, and I'm pretty p****d to be honest. I live in Bristol, and there's a lot of roads (changed 1 way systems, non-existant roundabouts, badly labelled roads etc) I've encountered already that changed over 3 years ago, which aren't on the map.

I'm absolutely incensed that if I want an up to date map to go with my new TT, I'll have to pay through the nose for it, even though I've only just shelled out for a TT500. And now I read on this thread that even the brand new maps are 2 years out of date.

There's a consumer law in this country called 'fit for purpose'. This means that the item has to do what it says on the box. Despite all the disclaimers tucked away on the website, TT are screwing their customers, and getting a bad rep in the process.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But as there are only two mapping companies serving ALL the sat nav manufacturers, you are goiing to find similar problems with whatever else you try.
mrgubby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
But as there are only two mapping companies serving ALL the sat nav manufacturers, you are goiing to find similar problems with whatever else you try.

It's Tomtoms attitude that sticks in the throat , I buy a brand new Satnav system that turns out to have 8 month old maps. When I ask when I'll get new maps the only reply is that I will have to query this by post as this cannot be dealt with by email ???. No map will ever be 100% accurate/up to date but I should at least be informed when it will be updated (and should be free within year of purchase)
8-Ball
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mrgubby"]
Andy_P2002 wrote:
No map will ever be 100% accurate/up to date but I should at least be informed when it will be updated (and should be free within year of purchase)

Exactly. Otherwise, you're completely et the mercy of how long the unit's been sat on the retailer's shelf. They should put a sticker on the box saying which map is installed, so the buyer can make up their own mind.
PatC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:

How long before Google enter this market I wonder?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with mrgubby's and 8ball's points there.
TT still refuse to put map versions on their webshop pages too Evil or Very Mad
8-Ball
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:

Shouldn't be too long though.

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,1771598,00.html

They should make a public domain version of UK maps which works like Wikipedia. ie - if something's not right, the user can go in and changes it. It would be 10 times better than the 2 year period of pratting about they currently have.
PatC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8-Ball wrote:
They should make a public domain version of UK maps which works like Wikipedia. ie - if something's not right, the user can go in and changes it. It would be 10 times better than the 2 year period of pratting about they currently have.

Now that would be a good idea.
8-Ball
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatC wrote:
8-Ball wrote:

Now that would be a good idea.

http://www.openstreetmap.org

:D
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnBoy59 wrote:
Wonder if the exit slip rd on the M25 clockwise junct 8 has been fixed. Its showed the exit a mile later than the actual exit...

A year later and the maps still show the junction as it was over a decade ago. This has been reported so often and must mean people unfamiliar with the junction miss it as TT tells you to leave about half a mile too late to actually do so! The diversion to the next junction at Leatherhead and back is about 30 miles!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: