Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - FOR SALE - Medion PPC with Full SatNav Package (Brand New)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

FOR SALE - Medion PPC with Full SatNav Package (Brand New)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: FOR SALE - Medion PPC with Full SatNav Package (Brand New) Reply with quote

I have for sale,

1 * Medion Pocket PC Sat/Nav Package. (3 YEARS WARRANTY) (BRAND NEW & SEALED)

Contained in the Box

1* Medion MDPPC200 Pocket PC 400Mhz XScale, 64MB, PPC2003, TFT 65k Colours, Removable Battery

Charger/Sync Stand, Leather Carry Case, Mains Charger, Car Charger, Outlook 2003, Activesync 3.7, Headphones Windscreen/Dashboard Sunction PDA Holder

2* 256MB MMC Memory Cards (Containing Navtech Software, UK+Ireland+Major Routes of Europe).

2* CDs contains Map Software as above + PC Software for viewing maps on a MAP and editing routes.

1* RoyalTek GPS Antenna

Instruction Books etc

All Brand New and Boxed (Still Factory sealed).

This was a limited edition package only available from Aldi Stores.

Price is £399.99 + £10.00 For Insured Next Day Special Delivery

Email : sales@e606.co.uk for more details
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiv!
nicknick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 349.99 it was a good price.

At 399.99 it's now similar to an Axim/TTN2 package (£407.73 including vat and delivery)

Yes it still has some advantages including the memory cards (they are MMC though), but where do you go for support for the Medion!!! and also for the software

So my advice is to ignore the Spiv and get an Axim (it also has a CF slot - not on the Medion - and SD slot - is the Medion just MMC?)
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiv Huh!

Well say what you like I only have 2 left out of the 15 I got!!

As for your comments

It has SD/MMC it has a 3 Year Warranty (Collect and repair/replace)

It is a 400Mhz X-Scale Machine, I may be wrong but as far as I know the Axim is not a 400Mhz machine.

So I am making £50 ! Thats my business buying and selling, these were limited edition many people could not get to aldi or could not afford to get them on the one day

I had to lay out Thousands of pounds to get them and market them, £50 is a small profit margin

Simple if you don't like it you don't have to buy it, its a free market and a free world!
Rich
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well. Based on Aldi sell terms and condition, it is illegal to resell their products! Okay, I did not hear anything.
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Aldi Terms and conditions cannot make things "Illegal!!!)

Aldi do not write UK law, they can refuse to sell to someone they suspect of reselling items.

But it can never be a crime! suggesting such a thing makes you look very silly.!

to be illegal it needs to be against a law of the land, Aldi don't have a hand in writing that luckily!
nicknick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right that it is not illegal, but Rich is still right about being subject to terms and conditions as this could effect the warranty.

But as you will be providing people with the original receipts so they can prove ownership and then take them back to Aldi, then of course there will be no problem (you are providing them with the receipts aren't you?)

The Axim price I quoted is for the 400Mhz version, I'm surprised a PC expert such as yourself didn't know this

You are right it's a free country and 'buyer beware' applies, but at least some of us can help people 'beware' of the rip-off merchants (especially those trying to hide behind good intentions).

All I see is that you stopped 14 people being able to buy it at the original price - it's not as if they wouldn't have been sold
Rich
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it is an interesting point really. Nicknick is quite right that I hope you have 14 individual receipts for the new owners, as the waranty card does ask for the original receipt.

Illegal or not is an interesting point. When you buy something from any shop, you are into contract with a company. In other words, yourself and the company are binded into a contract. The term and condition of Aldi is you must not resell their products. When you do so, you breached the contract. Hence illegal. I do think they can sue you, but I don't think they will bother with the amount you are selling. Anyway, I was in Ruthglen Aldi in Glasgow this afternoon, I think there are about two left.

All the best everyone and enjoy the product!

Cheers.
Rich
Rich
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashyphotos wrote:
Spiv Huh!

I had to lay out Thousands of pounds to get them and market them, £50 is a small profit margin

15% profit is not a small margin. But then, after all, you are not selling drug. It is not too bad.
Flashyphotos
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do provide all my buyers an individual receipt,

And I am interested in your comments,

I do find it funny dealing with the mindset of people like you that anyone who makes a profit in life is a spiv,

I have worked for myself for 20 years since leaving school,

I own houses in the UK and the USA, I don't have a mortage or loans of any type on anything I own, and I made this happen by buying and selling for a profit,

Wheras the general bitter and twisted populus like yourself plod along on the daily grind tied to debt and mortgage a slave to the 9-5

So I am happy to be a Spiv if it sets me free from the grind of life that makes you the person that you are
Rich
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Flashyphotos, I am not sure if your message is addressed to me or not, but just a thought here. This particular bundle is tailored for Aldi. In a sense, you are just like selling Tesco branded coffee. Can they sue you or not (i.e breaching the laws or not), I leave you to think about it.

No need to attack people with those strong words here. It reflects you after all. Glad that you have a comfortable life. But please do not assume that everyone has a big mortage and have no life.

Assume = Ass u me = meaning make an ass out of u and me.

Oh, don't forget, there is a next life waiting for all of us too. Karma, remember, okay?

Regards,
Rich
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop! Timeout Guys Stop!

I don't want to have to close this thread but I will if it continues Police
nicknick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest Dave this thread should be deleted.

Flashyphotos is clearly a dealer (from his own admission), and I assume he has paid no fee to you.

Buying and Selling for profit is what makes the world go round, (he's not from Peckham by any chance is he) but there are places for such things (such as EBay), not here where you are pretending to be a user with one to sell (but actually have 15).

Flashyphotos may be a bone fide dealer, but I will always have issue with anyone who is being underhand in this way as this is where people do get ripped off - at least there are some controls on EBay

Sorry if it's a bit of a rant, but we need to be vigilant
nicknick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops that should have been "she's" not "he's"

I'm also not a fan of creating a new user name just to sell your wares when you already have an account under a different name

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: