Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SatNav- Journies from Hell
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SatNav- Journies from Hell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roy124
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: SatNav- Journies from Hell Reply with quote

You may have read about the satnav routes up hill and down dale, or how satnav saves marriages as wives can't map read well, read on . . .

I checked out a short 15 minute route on Sunday and even ran the simulation as I was completely ne to the area. We set off.

Wife in the left seat, mother in law in back left and sister in law back right. Off we set. "Turn left" from the disembodied voice on the windscreen was drown in a chorus of RIGHTS.

Once we were on the way, she on the windscreen calmly figured a new route. At Wallingford the road branched - right for trucks and town centre for my desitination. It was a Sunday so I went straight on. After the Spanish Inquisition I switched off the PDA. We came to a cross roads. Driver in the back right said I think we need to turn left. The lights changed and she said go right.

We turned Right and continued down an unlikely route. Well "What does she say" said the wife. So I switched the GPS back on and she grudginly said continue.

We reached a roundabout. "Ah, I know where we are now" said the driver in the back right, "go right". "Take the first exit left" said the disembodied voice.

I turned left in the direction that I knew was right and shortly before we picked up the original route I had another earbashing. "There it is" said mother in law with 20-20 hingsight as the road sign confirmed the satnav.

The moral of the story? The women know the route but it is not necessarily the shortest, fastest, or better. Oh, and don't drive with 3 women drivers.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wife in the left seat, mother in law in back left and sister in law back right.

Truely a "Journey From Hell".
Ako
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's something strange about this story. The satnav voice was female, right? How is it that the passengers didn't understand and obey straight away? I think some work needs doing so the satnav voice can:

1) change subject mid sentence, then back again without anyone else noticing.
2) Speak so fast that it can get 17 sentences out in one breath.
3) Say goodbye 5 times before finally ending the session.

Right, flame proof vest on and wait Gun Shoot Out Pistol Shoot Out
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Speak so fast that it can get 17 sentences out in one breath

copilot 5 text to speech does that Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: