Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman Launch four new iCN SatNav Systems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman Launch four new iCN SatNav Systems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShoxDr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
ShoxDr wrote:
Does anyone know if the 7digit postcode will be made available for the 520s as I'm looking at buying one

Oh and this as you can see this is my 1st post, so Hi Guys N Gals, Great site learn't loads lurkin

It might be, but no details were available at the time of the launch. I would be inclined to wait for the 530 myself. Then you'd be sure of getting the full postcode data and have the option of TMC, not to mention a better GPS chipset.

I'm inclinded to do that however the 520 is availble of £199. Howmuch is the 530 going to be? Plus I would like European Maps
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well based on past history, you'd pay your £199 now for a 520 ans then have to pay another £100 or so for the new maps, which you'd need to get the new data.

So that £299 is the same as the projected price for the iCN530 which has a better GPS receiver and the potential to add the TMC module, albeit for a further £100.
Simon1
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume the new 5xx has the same routing preferences as the current 510/520. Will the new 7xx also be as flexible, allowing a sliding scale of faster/slower - shortest/quickest - motorways/urban roads?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the 530 has changed from the 520 at all in that respect.

The 7xx has five-position sliders for 'Fastest time/Shortest distance' and 'Less often/More often' for Motorway preferences.
mattread
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they have upgraded the speaker / sound on these devices to something similar or better than my TT700.
DRP
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
The 530 looks like a nice new unit, I would go for the add on extra so not to get caught up in any road works or road closures.
What concerns me is the size of the NAND memory.
If this is region based would it not make sense to purchase one form a country other than a UK to take advantage of a larger NAND memory. So you would not have all the fuss of what size memory card to purchase to fit all your maps that you need , or to carry a number or cards around with you as I have done in the past.
Regards
DRP
Quote:
The region-specific maps on this unit are stored in NAND flash memory, meaning whatever region you buy the device in, those maps will be in the NAND flash, whose size will vary from region to region (UK will be 256Mb). Finally, the UK maps include full 7 digit postcode navigation, a feature which has been long-requested, at least on this site. We had a quick look and the data itself appears to be accurate with the few postcodes we know off by heart, and it narrows down the possible list with each character.

Mio M400 WEU, N60I, T1, 2x B2, iCN 510 & lots more
kieronishere
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed that it looks like the 530 is going to come with teleatlas 2005.1 mapping for the UK - bit of a disappointment as that's not the new mapping that going to come with the tomtom 510 etc. Enough to put me off because the new teleatlas maps have got some new features that tomtom's new software is going to make use of like speed limits on roads etc.
TerryWalsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: ICN 530 Reply with quote

The following link is the Navman press release for the ICN530. Looks like it will have text to speech as well as the other features listed in this thread.

http://www.navman.com/Documents/InCar/press_releases/NavmaniCN530.pdf

Terry Walsh
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ICN 530 Reply with quote

TerryWalsh wrote:
The following link is the Navman press release for the ICN530. Looks like it will have text to speech as well as the other features listed in this thread.

http://www.navman.com/Documents/InCar/press_releases/NavmaniCN530.pdf

No, it isn't TTS, as mentioned in the Launch Review.

Quote:
...you also get enhanced navigation instructions. This enhancement, whilst not Text To Speech, gives Motorway Junctions and road numbers in the instruction.

For instance, I was instructed to ‘Take the exit at junction 10 and take the first exit onto the A Two Six Four’.

I have actually heard in on a 720 but not on a 530. It will not tell you to "Turn left into Station Road" for instance.
resuj
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use for camera in a NAVMAN? Take pictures(by your passenger, of course!) of safety cameras and send the coordinates to pocketgps. Idea
Any news on the map data? I hope its a LOT BETTER than the iCN510 I got. Sometimes it gives you a laugh, anyway it encouraged me to read road signs(2 years with a license) and anticipate road conditions. Rolling Eyes
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resuj wrote:
Use for camera in a NAVMAN? Take pictures(by your passenger, of course!) of safety cameras and send the coordinates to pocketgps. Idea

Wink I guess that is one of the obvious applications...
pesci1965
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
Well based on past history, you'd pay your £199 now for a 520 ans then have to pay another £100 or so for the new maps, which you'd need to get the new data.

In Italy the iCN520 "Premium edition" is currently sold at 299 EUR (about £ 199, VAT included). And it includes both remote control and all european maps too.

In France iCN530 is sold at about 390 EUR. Not sure if all european maps are included too.
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me I'd prefer the icn 530 over the 7xx range as the camera / NavPix is too gimmicky for my liking. Not too sure about the icn 530 compared to the TT Go 510 though.
Home 2.7.3.1894

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: