Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Adding a new speed camera to the main database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding a new speed camera to the main database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cleggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Adding a new speed camera to the main database Reply with quote

I have discovered a camera that is not covered in March's database download.

I can't for the life of me find out how to add this to the site's main file without subscribing in the first place. I am a registered forum member however.

I wish to add it to qualify for free lifetime upgrades.

Is it possible somehow, or is it a bit of a catch 22 situation ?

Sorry if I'm being thick/tight !!

Cleggy
Mullet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding a new speed camera to the main database Reply with quote

Cleggy wrote:
I have discovered a camera that is not covered in March's database download.

I can't for the life of me find out how to add this to the site's main file without subscribing in the first place. I am a registered forum member however.

I wish to add it to qualify for free lifetime upgrades.

Is it possible somehow, or is it a bit of a catch 22 situation ?

Sorry if I'm being thick/tight !!

Cleggy

Give it me and I'll pass it on Laughing Only joking, upload the infro from the subscribers speed camera download page.
Cleggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't do that without being a subscriber !

As I am not I wondered if I can send an email with the details to then qualify as a subscriber ??
Cleggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis ok I've sorted it.

I was indeed a dumba$$ !

Laughing
bobbyjo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you get the database if you are not a subscriber?
Cleggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the last available free download version. Feb 06 I think.

FYI the new add camera URL is: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras
bobbyjo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my wires crossed. Your first post said March database.

Sorry

Ma Laughing tt
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIAA, the slight "catch 22" is that now the charging system is up and running, you will only qualify for free lifetime membership when you submit a new camera IF YOU ARE ALREADY AN ACTIVE (i.e. subscribing) MEMBER.
If you haven't paid you will be wasting your time (and the camera position!)
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is (of course Smile ) always preferable to become a subscriber first, but non-subscribers can submit cameras using http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras

From our FAQs:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=35213

Q. How can I get Free Lifetime Membership?

A. Your active paid subscription will be extended free for life if you report just one previously unreported, deleted or altered static speed camera position. (Must consequently be verified by PocketGPSWorld.com.) We monitor all submissions very carefully and you will be notified if we use your submission. If you are successful we will let you know (there is no need to send us an email to check) and automatically extend your current membership. You must be a current paid member and your account must be active to benefit from this offer. The verification process can take about a month, but is often sooner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q. I've submitted a brand new camera, but I haven't received my free membership. Why?

A. We get 100s of submissions every month and it is not unusual for new cameras to be submitted by several different people.

You will receive a separate Free Lifetime Membership email if you have submitted a camera that is consequently verified by us and you were the first to submit it. If you don't receive a email, please check http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account every now and then to see if we have extended your subscription. If we haven't, then your submission wasn't successful.

Where the submission was both verified and first, we will of course always extend all memberships automatically whether or not there is email communication, for instance if your ISP blocked our email as commercial.

For general information it is worth noting that we get dozens of incorrect entries (middle of fields, North Sea etc.). These are not malicious, just genuine mistakes with submitters entering the wrong data. So whilst someone is absolutely certain that they've submitted a camera position, it isn't necessarily so that we have included their data.

We also sometimes, though rarely, have to wait longer than we would hope for some cameras to be verified. Overall, we're pleased to report that month on month the quality and volume is increasing, but, by the very nature of the beast, inevitably the odd camera might take a bit of time putting in an appearance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q. Can I have free lifetime membership if I report a mobile camera?

A. Sorry, no. Mobiles are problematical for verification, but please continue to report them - these submissions are still very useful to us.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: