Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Acer, Destinator and Speed Cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Acer, Destinator and Speed Cameras
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laserface
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found a thread that mentions a patch for PN that effects favorites warnings so i will install that and see if that helps.

thanks
alanf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps I've put my backup copy of all the files I have changed at;

http://www.savefile.com/files/9893736

They work for my Destinator 3 setup, if you're trying to get PN or another version working it may be different.
Laserface
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanf wrote:

They work for my Destinator 3 setup, if you're trying to get PN or another version working it may be different.

Many thanks for this, i have D/L and will look at them tonight

The patch i mnetioned definately helped, i have got it to work in part in PN it seems to ignore the inf alert setup but I will now try your files to see if i can get an improved response.

I will advise how i get on.
scottyrae
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, have got a bit lost with the instructions for the destinatorvoicemaneuvers.inf file as there are so many changes / amendments to the original text - I dont know what ones work and what ones dont. Does anyone have a set of definitive instructions to get the thing working??
scottyrae
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh - no edit button!

Should have said that I've got the database on and working, its more the audio alerts I'm looking to sort - make sure I'm being alerted far enough ahead for both the speed cameras and traffic light cameras...

Secondly, did anyone actually come up with a working solution for audio and visual alerts for the differnet camera types?
MikeyF
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: D3 Help Reply with quote

Sorry guy's been away for a bit of relaxation.

I've read the various post's above and I'm a little unsure if you guys still need a little help.

Scotty, if you wan't to pm me your email address I'll send you the necessary files (including the audio files you need)

Laserface
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laserface wrote:
alanf wrote:

Many thanks for this, i have D/L and will look at them tonight

The patch i mnetioned definately helped, i have got it to work in part in PN it seems to ignore the inf alert setup but I will now try your files to see if i can get an improved response.

I will advise how i get on.

Just to close this off. I updated the Destinator to the latest PN version with the patch, then using this format it now works fine.
Thanks to everyone for the help.

::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,gatso;1000;yards,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,gatso;800;yards,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,gatso;600;yards,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_500,0,0,gatso;500;yards,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,gatso;400;yards,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_200,0,0,gatso;200;yards,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,gatso;100;yards,"Poi Alert 1"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_50,0,0,gatso;50;yards,"Poi Alert 1"

::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,camred;1000;yards,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,camred;800;yards,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,camred;600;yards,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_500,0,0,camred;500;yards,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,camred;400;yards,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_200,0,0,camred;200;yards,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,camred;100;yards,"Poi Alert 2"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_50,0,0,camred;50;yards,"Poi Alert 2"
mrtedd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: speed cameras Reply with quote

thank m8
just what ive been looking for hope it works in destinator 5
well done
yours mrtedd
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

hi guys.....I am very very new to pda's/sat nav and have recently bought an Acer N30 with destinator 3 and also a Dell Axim X5 with Tom Tom 5. After reading through all your posts I decided to have a go at putting the speed cameras on the destinator 3 first. All went well last night(up till 5 this morning) and I now have them all showing on the maps ok as alert 1 and alert 2 as per instructions. I have downloaded the voice files that alanf has put on here but it will not let me copy them from pc to handheld(I have tried using windows drag and drop and also converting them in the console) but no luck. Can someone please assist me on what I am doing wrong?! Also I have looked at all the written files in the various posts for the warnings.....do I have to put these in too??........if so, where do I copy them into....which file? I have printed all the posts from here and other topics to help me but still cannot work it out........sorry!
Also......now the destinator program seems to be going mega slow......is this normal? I realise I have just given it loads of extra locations to think about......do I have to delete some other bits to get it functioning properly again.....if so...what would you suggest??

Cheers
Toni
alanf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: help Reply with quote

antonini wrote:
it will not let me copy them from pc to handheld(I have tried using windows drag and drop and also converting them in the console) but no luck. Can someone please assist me on what I am doing wrong?!

Are you using Activesync? And is it showing as connected? You should be able to drag and drop from explorer window on PC to an explorer window opened from Activesync. Oh, and check the write protect tab on the SD card allows writing.
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: that was quick Reply with quote

yes I am using active sync although it will only synchrnise certain bits at the moment.......I haven't fathomed out why yet.
If I downloaded the camera files on to the memory card ok....does this mean the protection is off?
sorry but I am used to laptops and pc's but am only just getting used to this new fangled toy!!
do you know where I am supposed to put the text files??
I know where the voice recording files have to go......

cheers
Toni
alanf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: that was quick Reply with quote

antonini wrote:
If I downloaded the camera files on to the memory card ok....does this mean the protection is off?

Yes, you can download to the PDA using the console?

If you use the Explorer from the Activesync window you should see a folder called 'My Pocket PC'\DestinatorApps\Destinator\Common that's the root for the customised files. You should be able to copy (drag and drop) a file to the PDA explorer from Explorer on your PC, like a text.txt or back to the PC. I'd start by making a copy of the existing Common folder to a temporary folder on the PC. If you can copy a test file, then all the backup files I saved are all relative to this 'Common' folder. Unzip (Winzip?) the backup to somewhere on the PC and drag the files you want across to the PDA.
antonini
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: think I've done it Reply with quote

hi alanf.......think I might have got it sorted.......firstly I was using windows explorer to both drag and drop the files, not active sync for one of the operations........secondly I wasn't sure whether I had to cut the command text from you files and just copy them in......didn't realise it was as easy as it was in the end.
hopefully it'll work today and everything will be ok.....should keep her indoors happy for a day or two.....now maybe I can get on with doing the same to my dell and tom tom
one last question....do you know how I can put destinator straight onto the "desktop" of the pda??

cheers for your help....I will let you know if it worked ok

Toni
MikeyF
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: desktop Reply with quote

Antonin,

As far as I'm aware there isn't a today plugin for D3 which allows you to put an icon straight onto the desktop, unlike tomtom which you refer to that your using.

The easiest way is to use another package such as SPB Pocket PLus to perform this. The above package is the one I use and can recommend.

alanf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: think I've done it Reply with quote

antonini wrote:
do you know how I can put destinator straight onto the "desktop" of the pda??

Not as such. I have not tried the software MikeyF suggests so can't comment but there are other ways I've made my Destinator easier to use.

Because I tend not to use Outlook on the PDA for email I have reassigned a couple of the buttons below the screen (Start/Settings/Buttons). One now starts Destinator. You've noticed that the more alerts added, the longer it takes to start. The button has become the normal way of starting Destinator while walking to the car without having to fiddle with a stylus.

Another button is assigned to the 'start' menu. Incidentally, putting the 'start' menu on a button is a way of running other programs without stopping Destinator. You might want to look at these utilities mentioned in other forums/topics which I've found very handy while out and about.

OS GPS Converter by barryd takes an OS grid reference like the car park references in guide books and calculates a lat and lon 'favorite' item you can navigate to:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=25211

Favorite Sorter by Jonisinimo sorts an imported favorites list by distance from a chosen point. Imported favorites are not as versatile as the built in POI lists but this can find the 'nearest item' in any list.
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=37263

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: