Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Trip from usa to japan
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Trip from usa to japan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shantagor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Trip from usa to japan Reply with quote

I have been searching for a program to work with my pocket pc that will show me my air route from calif. to japan as well as japan once I get there. Does anyone know of something that may help? Nobody I can find so far has anything on japan at all, much less an air route over water. Thanks in advance!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't find something for Japan. Japan kind of does it's own thing. Very much like Europe and North America do their own thing. There are tons of GPS Street Navigation products out in Japan, just that you never see them over here, and vice versa.
shantagor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave,
Perhaps just a general "world view" would be simpler to find. I dont need anything very specific on japan but the trip over would be nice to track my progress and keep me busy as it is a 12 hour flight.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, I haven't seen anything that will track you this sort of distance. You could use various utils to track your speed and altitude though.

Two other things you have to be warey of is whether the GPS Receiver will work. Lots have complained about them not working, some have had Emtac BT GPS's working in places, it's all about view at the end of the day. You will also find that your Pocket PC won't last this long, even with backlight off, so you'll need a battery charger to keep the battery replenished.

The only worldviews that I think will work are the handheld GPS Receivers, these do come with world basemaps and would show your distance and which coastline you're close to.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: