Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Helmet Headset for Tom Tom GPS Nav 5 on PDA
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Helmet Headset for Tom Tom GPS Nav 5 on PDA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidhicks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Helmet Headset for Tom Tom GPS Nav 5 on PDA Reply with quote

I have the option of a second-hand Tom Tom GPS Navigator 5 system which would run on my PDA (an O2 XDA IIi). Does anyone know if it is possible to get the voice directions into my Arai from this setup - preferably a bluetooth headset or failing that a good wired one that will fit nicely inside my helmet. Does anyone know of any?
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about the XDA, but the ScalaRider Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet Headset sounds like the sort of thing you want.
V2RJO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: I use that...... Reply with quote

Depends on your budget to be honest.

I use an Autocom system and it runs fine. My phone is the Orange version SPV M2000. Perfect! The Bluetooth option isn't sorted properly on Autocom yet so I use it hard wired via the 2.5mm headphone jack.

Prior to the Autocom I use a set of www.sensorcom.co.uk earbuds on a Axim X5. Not mush use now as the SPV is also a phone.

Take a look at starcom as well as they seem to have the bluetooth bit well sorted.

Take care with mounting (the PDA 8O ) Vibes and water are a killer. I use a Touratech PDA bag and it's waterproof and mounted on foam pads. Look at WWW.Touratech.co.uk at the PALM section.

RO

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: