Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NavCity - Buyers Beware!!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NavCity - Buyers Beware!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brimar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: NavCity - Buyers Beware!!!!! Reply with quote

I Purchased a GlobalSat BT308 from NavCity in July this year and it died on me a couple of weeks ago whilst on a desert tour in the USA. I went back to the shop today to seek a refund or exchange based on the issues which have been highlighted elsewhere in that the fault was likely to have been present at time of purchase. Needlesss to say I got nowhere, they said that it was their policy to send back the item to the manufacturers for testing (Interestingly they said that had it been a TomTom or other device they would have exchanged it - This does not bode to well for GlobalSat devices?). I pointed out to their customers services person Aime Lumbayaka that the company was in breach of Sale of Goods Act and offered to show him the Act. He refused to read it. I would advise you not to buy anything from this company as it is apparent from my experience and that of others who have posted on this forum that all this company is interested in doing is taking your money and are not interested in customers rights or the law. I will be taking legal advice and will send a copy of this email to GlobalSat.
Jon Bowes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brimar,

Firstly let me say that we are in no way connected to NavCity or their subsidiaries. Infact we are one of their competitors.

We have a very good relationship with GlobalSat and, as a consequence of the problems you have encountered, they have asked us to exchange your faulty unit without further ado.

Jonathan Bowes
Customer Services Technician
Spotlight Guides Ltd
jonathan.bowes@spotlightguides.co.uk
www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk
brimar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Outstanding offer by Spotlight Guides Ltd Reply with quote

Jonathan
Many thanks for your kind offer. Dorian Martin Managing Director of Advance Technology Distribution Ltd who are shown as the UK distributors of GlobalSat has spoken to me and assured me that I should receive a replacement device on Monday and apologised for the way the matter had been dealt with. Your offer to exchange the device supplied by a competitor is outstanding and I wished that I had purchased the device through your company in the first place but it was a convenience issue when I was in the area of NavCity. Having purchased a Garmin Etrex Vista and Fugawi software from your company (www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk) in the past I can certainly recommend you to anyone out there looking to purchase GPS devices/software.
Many thanks once again

Brian

PS If I don't receive the device hopefully the offer still stands!!!!
russgunn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that offer really is impressive. A replacement from a company who didn't even sell it to you? That's amazing! I'll be shopping at your place next time Mr Bowes. :D
big_zippy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: A good experience wit NavCity!!! Reply with quote

I got a very good deal on a Navman 3300 from Nav City and discovered that it didn't work when I got it home. I took it back after two days and after a little testing the unit was replaced immediately with a new one. Overall I am satisfied with this service, especially on Tottenham Court Road.

I think brimar was unreasonable to expect an exchange or refund for a product which fails 3 months after purchase. The sale of goods act only stipulates that the item should be repaired under these circumstances (>28 days), and replaced only if necessary. If the product had been from Navman then Nav City would probably be in a position to replace it as they are a main dealer.

I've had more than my fair share of failed products in the past and I've learnt to be reasonable with retailers when seeking a solution. Rubbing retailers up the wrong way by aggressively demanding replacements and quoting legal jargon will not get the result you're looking for.

Just my two penneth

BZ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: