Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Quest 2---Is this the one for me?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Quest 2---Is this the one for me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewayahead
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Quest 2---Is this the one for me? Reply with quote

Hi I've spent hours on end trying to make the right choice. The Quest 2 seems to fit my needs. Good battery life on foot. Garmin told me to expect around ten hours. Small and compact. Euro maps included. Battery life out of car is important so it scores there. Screen size is small though. I have normal vision with glasses so hope this would not be a problem. Will this model take speed cam downloads? Any other Garmin with similar battery life I might consider?
Any comments welcome, thanks Smile
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Quest 2---Is this the one for me? Reply with quote

thewayahead wrote:
Hi I've spent hours on end trying to make the right choice. The Quest 2 seems to fit my needs. Good battery life on foot. Garmin told me to expect around ten hours. Small and compact. Euro maps included. Battery life out of car is important so it scores there. Screen size is small though. I have normal vision with glasses so hope this would not be a problem. Will this model take speed cam downloads? Any other Garmin with similar battery life I might consider?
Any comments welcome, thanks Smile

Yes, the Quest 2 takes speed cameras but the Quest 1 doesn't.

Ask Garmin for the updated map CD and you can plan your trips on the PC too.

The screen is small but it is quite usable. When you come up to a corner, it zooms right in so you can see where the road goes.

For off road use there is the GPSMAP 60CSx and related models but they don't come with Europe maps and these are an expensive add-on.

For car use there is the Nuvi with a bigger screen but the battery life wouldn't compare to the Quest 2 and it's not waterproof either.

The Quest2 is probably the pick of the bunch when the trade off between size, features, ruggedness, battery life etc are considered.
cal50
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased the Q2 and have zero regrets. So far it has been flawless.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: