Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fatal application Error
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fatal application Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theendisnye
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Fatal application Error Reply with quote

I decided to remove some PoIs as I was exceeding the limit and copied them to a new sub-folder under the normal TomTom GB directory.

I then installed Pocket PC CodeSearch v1.0.4 and some CBT files in another directory.

Now when I load Tomtom I get a fatal application error Program TomTom navigator.exe Exception oxc0000005 address 01fc87dx.

I have tried re-installing tomtom to no avail. The new POI directory only has ov2 and bmp files.

Any one get any ideas on how to resolve?
mountain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try doing a search in the forums for "Fatal Application Error", this subject has been covered a few times.

Hope that helped

Piers
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be a corrupted TomTom file which hasn't been removed when you uninstalled and reinstalled, another thing I have found is I've hit on a number of occasions a virtual limit. TomTom doesn't tell me, but if I remove the last set of OV2's and BMP's I've added, then re-run TTN2, it will load without problems. You may want to give that a try.
Buffy Beagle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well as "Fatal application errors" I have frequently experienced other problems which seem to have resulted from attempts to include too many POIs, namely (1) corrupted POI icons and /or (2) corrupted POI set names ... even the names of built in POI sets can be turned into complete garbage often made up of strings of accented vowels and other strange characters.

For a long time I hoped that I would be able to get over these problems by sub-dividing all my POIs into smaller "regional" files. I assumed that, if my POI files were all reduced to, say, about a quarter of their original size both by number of points and by total number of bytes, then TTN would stop throwing a wobbly. I even assumed that I would then be able to have all my POI sets loaded simultaneously. I only want to have about 10 sets after all.

How naive I was! After a considerable amount of work, creating smaller data sets, converting them into ov2 files and installing them into TTN, I found that all the old problems recurred. For the record, my current reduced set comprises 2,595 points in 9 files taking up 141kbytes in total. These are installed in TTN and it runs without a fatal exception; however 2 of the icons accompanying the 9 files appear in a corrupted state as do the names of 4 of the built-in sets. A couple of weeks ago, while experimenting, I tried loading the same number of files with a few more points but got a fatal exception. However, on occasions in the past I have managed to load many more points than this (perhaps 10,000 occupying perhaps 500k) albeit I was unable to load more than 7 or 8 files at a time. It's all very mystifying!

When I first raised this problem about 6 months ago somebody (I think it was Darren) said that TomTom were aware of the problem and were working on it. Is there any sign of a solution yet? Is there any point in contacting TomTom about it?

Hugh
theendisnye
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to resolve by reinstalling all my original POIs and then a fairley laborious removal of a POI and check as I went through. When I hit the problem I then recopied the offending POI and tried again. eventually getting where I wanted to be - less POI and teh ability to load without the warning message too many POIs. Steve
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom were aware of a problem with POI's and they then said they would limit the amount of POI files you could have open at anyone time, but I have found that this doesn't make a blind bit of difference, you can still get fatal exception errors.

I think it's more down to the amount of available memory you have relating to how many POI's you can get loaded into memory at anyone point in time.

Personally I can get about 7 or 8 OV2 files then it buckles.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: